Chapter 3

It took less than ten minutes of Lauren's team to make me presentable on stage, which didn't really surprised me.

Lauren Jensenn's team is the most expensive stylist team in the States, and also one of the best in the world.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, anyone would never guess that just minutes ago, I was weeping my heart out.

I thanked Lauren, and her team, as she eyed me from head to toe for the final time. How they manage to make me look human again, I would never know.

She beamed at me and whispered, "Go! Show him you got the upper hand!" She even raised her arm with a fist just for effects.

I giggled a little, but I didn't utter another word as I do not know what to respond.

Johnathan was the only guy I dated with. We've known each other for a couple of years now. Ever since we became Co-stars, he always made sure I'm fine and groovy. He even calls randomly and made stupid jokes just to hear me laugh.

After filming was over, we still went on, seeing each other.

That, possibly, was the reason why I fell in love with John. Nobody has ever made an effort to make me that happy. Well, except for Dana and Dave.

I thought he really loves me, but I guess I was wrong.

Today I have to suck it up and mend my broken heart. I cannot succumb into crying and ruining my career simply because of him.

Life taught me to be strong. Experience taught me to be hard. I can't go back to behaving like a wounded kid, not when I had already grown up too fast.

"Come on, B! Let's rock 'n roll!" Dana was in a tight black shorts and red fitted shirt. Her outfit seemed simple, but her studded black boots are anything but.

She looks amazing!

She motions me to follow her before she leaves.

I wave goodbye to the team as I followed suit. They all smile proudly at me. It was all I need to boost my deflated confidence.

When I got to where I should be, the people assigned to attach microphones and other stuff immediately approach me. And started working their magic.

Dana came and hug me sideways after the audio team finished their work on me.

Remember when I mentioned I hate being hugged? Newsflash, I still hate it!

I groan. "What is this day, Hug-your-best-friend Day?"

She sighs dramatically as she let go. "You used to be fun." She muttered as she took her place a few feet away from me.

The audio team came to her and did the same of what they did to me.

When the floor manager signals us when to start, we just nodded our heads to show that we understood.

I took a calming breath and saw Dana mouthing me the song we would be rocking. I smirk at her, she really knows what's best for a broken hearted young woman.

The crowd shouts as the lights brighten and the music starts playing.

I felt my heart beat faster as Dana came out and the crowd screams louder.

I don't need to practice the song because as her best friend, I already sang it hundreds of times with her. So basically, we're kind of used to it. It's just that, we never duet on each others concert.

"Now, as promised earlier, help me welcome my guest-Oh, wait! I should be singing by now!" Dana started singing as her fans laughed their asses off. I can't help but laugh, too.

The Dana today is so much different than the Dana yesterday. She seemed more playful and giddy.

Hmm, something smells fishy! I should ask her that later.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my beloved friend, Betty James!"

I started singing. And the crowd went wild when they finally saw me on stage.

'Goodbye, Johnathan! You will never see me cry.' I thought as Dana joined me for the chorus.

--------------

Hi, beloved readers!

What do you think of this chapter?

Just know that I would love to hear your opinions, good or bad.

xoxo, J9 ;)

P. S. If you like it, please don't forget to VOTE for it! :)