Chapter 2

I run to my best friend as soon as I can.

We are now sitting in a room closest to the backstage after she shoved me in when I was about to break down. And I tried not to squirm as I pretend that her death glare is not aimed towards me.

I just finish telling her about my not so amazing experience with my boyfriend. No, wait! Let me rephrase it for you. I had just popped my cherry with my ex boyfriend - Johnathan 'The Great Douchebag' Roberts - and he runs away to have another escapade with another girl.

And yet there's no reply from my best friend.

I remember when we were still eight, I told her that I lost her barbie doll on our flight to L.A. It was silent for a moment before the tsunami hit the land. I mean, her saliva practically showered my entire face. She screams so loud, it made me lose my hearing sense for two days!

I giggled at the thought before her deafening scream cut me off.

"You did WHAT?!"

Dana yells at me like I just told her I murdered someone and dumped the body in her precious designer's closet.

"I never told you to repeat what I did. You know that what I did with Drake was a very dumb mistake. It was a very very very dumb mistake. A pleasurable mistake. But a mistake nonetheless! And here, you barged in like a mess, rudely cutting my concert just to say you did it?! What the fuck, Betty? I thought someone died!"

Have I ever told you that when my best friend cursed - and she doesn't curse, like ever - it only means one thing... IT'S DOOMSDAY!

"Chill, will 'ya?" I tried to calm the beast who possessed my best friend. But seeing her still angry face, I guess I failed.

"Chill? CHILL?! This is really fucked up. And you want me to CHILL?" I inconspicuously wiped my face from her saliva as I watch her pace from corner to corner.

As soon as I came out of John's penthouse - after washing his sheets, of course - I drove straight to Boston. Dana's concert tour is still going on but she asked her fans to let her pee for a minute and be back with a special guest after she pee.

That was pretty funny coming from her! She never says stupid things. Her fans just laugh at her lame attempt in joking.

'She does genuinely love me.' I thought guiltily.

I don't know how to repay her, but come to think of what she just told her fans about singing with that special guest, I think payment is near enough.

"We'll speak about this BS later. For now, you need to sing with me. And NO is never an option." With that, she got out and bark commands at her staff.

I groaned loudly. This is so not what I expected! I wasn't thinking when I drove my car to nowhere in particular. Until I found myself near the place she's performing.

I don't need a pass because when Trevor saw me standing outside the VIP entrance, he immediately guided me to the backstage.

I'm not afraid to sing in front of a crowd. Because I know I can sing pretty well. In fact, I just polished off my world tour last month.

Singing is only as fun as acting. That's why I still keep on doing it even if it means I can't sleep if it's not after two in the morning.

Only right now, performing in front of nosy teenagers is the last thing I need.

"Where is-there you are!" Lauren entered with her minions. They arrange up their makeup kits in front of me and started working.

"I'm not performing so shoo." I muttered with a smile.

Thank heavens, they smile back. But after a second, they sneered and started back to work.

I huff and pout. "I will never go out there with this face, so you're just wasting your time."

"Then, I'm just going to drag you out if I needed to." Dana stood behind Felicia, the makeup artist.

I sigh deeply. This girl just missed the information I just encoded in her brain.

"What part of I-will-never-go-out-there you don't understand?"

Ok, so this is getting really annoying. I'm not in the mood right now and they are pushing me.

I'm about to give Dana a piece of my mind when she embraced me and remain there.

"I hate you! I hate it when you're doing it!"

"Do what?" she acts innocent.

"Ugh! Fine, fine, I'll do it. Just stop hugging me!" I slapped her away from me. I don't like hugging people. It still reminds me of HER.

My best friend lit up like Christmas. She squealed like a kid, too.

'Yup! It really is doomsday!'

--------------

Hi, beloved readers!

What do you think of this chapter?

Just know that I would love to hear your opinions, good or bad.

xoxo, J9 ;)

P. S. If you like it, please don't forget to VOTE for it! :)