Ch. 11 | News

- Here's a tissue, you have a little bullshit on your lip. -

~~|||~~

(Chloe's Third P.O.V)

"Here, hun."

Chloe groaned, taking the pea sack her Uncle gave as she pressed it on her forehead. The wounds were aching like any other day, her eye the one feeling like getting darker. She couldn't even concentrate to eat the cereals before her while her head lent back, the peas so cold it calmed her smally down.

"Why did you even wake me up this early? I'm not going to school,  remember." Chloe questioned next, annoyed how long she had stayed awake yesterday night for good reason, but then was awaken by 8 a.m.

"I know, and I'm not forcing you to go, but there was something I wanted to discuss with you..." Uncle Joe took his coffee cup as well sat down, watching Chloe remove the sack off her eyes to watch him now confused. "The job contract you saw few days ago. I've desided for the sake of both of us to accept it."

Chloe blinked, brow raising.

"This was your info?" The teenager questioned, sighing as she lent back again. "I thought you'd give me a lecture some sort of- I'm happy for you! What do you do in it?"

"... Everything asked." Joe answered, Chloe first questioned it but shrugged quietly. "You're okay with this?"

"Why wouldn't I be-- M.E.C.H, was it?" Chloe sat back up, taking a dose of her chocolate cereos. Her Uncle gave a firm nod, his perfectly droven bear just made her smile a bit. But his look was the one she put attention on. "Sounds cool, is it close?"

"The ride is a while away... which is why I want to ask this of you, I would be longer days gone. The paycheck is quite great, but requires almost my full attention." Joe continued, seeing his niece brush her arm and snort a bit.

"It's fine, if you leave me some cash." She negotiated, seeing him now raise a brow to her. She laughed a bit in defense as took third dose, until her eyes traveled to the clock. "Oh, someone's gonna get late for new woooork~!"

Joe's eyes widened as he drawned his wrist clock up, suddenly flying off the chair towards the hallway.

"Make me a quick lunch-- put the yesterday's salad into a pack!"

"Fine, ya lazy-ass!" Chloe got up as well got an empty container from their kitchen closet, then taking from a fridge her Uncle's yesterday lunch; salad. This dude was way too healthy for her. "You sure you don't wanna any chicken?"

"No time!"

His reply made her laugh, until it quieted down for she tried to work and not drop any on the kitchen tile. She would have to clean it up later.

"-- And now to the top news in the town of Jasper, Nevada. A teenage boy Shane Millor at the age of 17 was found beaten half-dead in his own house, in his own room where the attacker had striken." By this Chloe almost dropped the salad glass as it landed heavily on the table, she spin to the living room as well grabbed a remote, putting the volume at max. There was a picture of his face; way worse than Chloe's. He seriosly was beaten half-dead of what the woman told. "Now the police is searching for a tall, elder very solid man descriptioned to have red eyes and goverment guns; the beaten child claims also how sorry he is to a girl he leaves anonymous with the hint that this was all his own mistake. What happened remains unknown for further information, for now we have to wait when the patient recovers from his trauma and heals for further questionings."