Ch. 14 | Chaos

- One shall stand, one shall fall. -

~~|||~~

[Chloe's Third P.O.V]

"Chloe!"

Startled awake, it took a moment for the teenager to absorve everything around her. Meaning, her smithy's ceiling. She did recognize that voice outside- her Uncle? Her pissed Uncle?

And the fact that her Cyber-wolf was all crawlen up around her tiny body!

Shit!

"Cosmo...!" Chloe got up with little step back while tremping to his big tail, stumbling few feet until regaining. She noticed how Cosmo was still heavily recharging, quiet annoyed groan left her. "Come on boy," She patted gently his cheeks but when receiving nothing, as hearing that her Uncle was approaching, she grasped her crystal tight and commanded. "Stay still."

Outside her Uncle had checked the entire yard and residence; only one option left as he was heading towards his niece's laboratory. He was pissed knowing that she hadn't obeyed him. She wasn't allowed to go anywhere near that building.

Suddenly the smithy's other door flew open as the so-said girl got out and quickly closed it behind, small frown on her face.

Joe flinched slightly but never stopped his pace.

"What was our agreement?" Until he reached her spot now standing face to face with his niece, seeing her brows ridge dearly.

You probably mean yours.

"... I had to make a quick check-up--" Chloe's sentence was left half-answered once her guardian passed her easily, intending to go inside. In any means necessary; Chloe could not allow that. "No!" She launched to grab his arms to prevent him from opening the lock she had settled, widening her eyes to see that he knew the number-row. "Uncle, please!"

"What could possibly be so important!?" Joe shouted out loud, releasing hold of the lock as well of the girl, taking his distance. Chloe's eyes remained wide of the sudden terror as she shaked a bit, not knowing what had become to her. That had nothing to do with her guardian- but that came like a heatwave or like a flinch, that something was happening. "... I'm heading to work," That snapped her out of hef thoughts, as she watched him nod towards his operating vehicle. "I'll give you a lift to school... so get in the car so we can discuss of this."

Chloe had never seen her Uncle's eyes so cold before.

With face dropping she made tsk sound with her mouth, walked past him with hands clenched as her mind already was a mindwill; Cosmo.

Her eyes traveled back little in worry but her Uncle was following suit behind, preventing pretty much her from seeing anything.

In some point Joe passed her as well and opened the passenger door for her, almost demanding her to move.

"In." His deep voice commanded. But Chloe folded her arms still outside the vehicle, small glare on place.