Chapter 11: Another Man's Treasure

"Tanya's a bitch. I still can't believe coach believed that skank," Chelsea tries to reassure me. I don't feel reassured. 

"That's easy for you to say. You're still on the squad," I sigh, looking down at my drying nails.

"Sorry Sky. I feel bad. If you want me to quit the squad, I will..." Chelsea says, her eyes cast down on the floor beneath us.

"It's okay. I don't want you to have to give it up too. I'll be fine, I promise. Let's just have a good night tonight and forget that anything happened."

"Okay. Sounds good." 

"So are you excited for the after party tonight?" I try to change the subject, "I heard Justin French will be there." 

"Oh shut up." Chelsea blows on her nails to make them dry faster.

"You've wanted to get with him for a while now, Chels." I tease, earning me an eye roll.

After our nails dry, Chelsea does my makeup for me because when it comes to cosmetics, I'm hopeless. I can do mascara pretty well (if you don't count it being clumpy) and sometimes blush, but in the end, I always end up looking like a clown.

After an extensive process of getting ready which included hair, makeup, and squeezing into my dress, Chelsea and I headed downstairs.

Skylar's Dress:

Chelsea's Dress:

Chelsea's Dress:

Rolfe's car is parked out front and I greet him with a kiss

"Hey baby," he coos into my ear after pulling me into a hug.

"Hey. You look so handsome." I peck his cheek.

"You look incredible. You're so beautiful."

"Yuck! Can you save this PDA for the after party?" We chuckle at Chelsea's interruption. She rolls her eyes, getting into the back seat of the car. "Thank you."