The garden

I was surrounded by them all,

Daisy's everywhere.

I shouldn't have felt out of place, but I did,

There was no simple reason. I too, was a daisy, but,What I was, was uneasy, being one of them didn't mean I was like them, they seemed to notice too.

They all seemed to forget that I was part of their little garden, that we were the same on the outside. Was it because when in times of drought I would relish in the experience rather then panic, or when the next human came trudging through the garden I would wish for their imprint to overcast my existence, hopefully ending it, instead of withering with the wind, scared.

Or, maybe it's when she came about, gazing at us, her little creation,I would like the way her eyes light up, knowing that I played a part, however how small, in bringing happiness, knowing that the others would be wondering if they would be chosen to pose in her crystal vase, barely alive, for her amusement, while I tried everything to be noticed so that I be there. Yes,I might not be your typical daisy, but summery is ending, and winter asks not whether you approve of it's methods and the disfortune it brings with it, it wipes out all. And then, and only then shall I truly belong.