•1•

India

"I'm off to work babe."

"Mm. Ight." he mumbled into the pillow.

Shaking my head I made sure my blouse was fixed before grabbing my keys and heading out to the office.

I was 24 years old and I was the best lawyer they had here in Manhattan.

People would kill just to have me as their lawyer because I was very opinionated and you got what you paid for with me.

My boyfriends name was, Caleb. He was a doctor but such a lazy guy when it came down to things at home.

I guess you could say we were both successful and had our lives together.

Pulling up to the office I checked in and went to my office. Turning the lights on I seen I had two Manila folders on my desk.

That meant their were two new people that had a case and wanted me to present them.

I got my coffe brewing before I sat down and opened the first one.

JOE JACKSON

CONVICTED FELONY
THEFT
RAPE CASE

Closing the folder, he didn't have anything I wanted to help with.

If you did something so stupid as to rape someone, I wanted nothing to do with you.

I opened the next one.

AUGUST ALSINA

THEFT / ROBBERY
CLAIMABLE SELF DEFENSE CASE
MURDERER.

Rolling my eyes I threw that to the side as well. I got a ring to my office so I pressed the button.

"How May I help you?"

"I have someone I want you to meet."My coworker said.

"Come on up."

As I poured my coffee my coworker Ally came in with a tall lightskin tatted man.

"India this is August. August this India."

"August? Alsina?"

"Yeah. How'd you know him?"

"I got his information. He wants me to represent him in court." I smirked.

"Oh." She laughed. "Wellll what do you say?"

"Who did you murder?" I spat.

"A niggah who ran up on me in da streets. Da hood caught da tape so I had da right ta lay dis nigga out but his fam got a bomb ass lawyer and I ain't tryna loose dis case. So I'm hea."

Laughing mentally in my head I just shook it. Not only did he come in here looking like he was, he was using language like a sailor.

I was never the type to judge but I just took my job very seriously so when I was working, I worked.

"No. You can let your self out." I smiled politely.

"Why?" Ally whined.

"I said so. I don't want to represent you so Go. Thank you."

"I hate stuck up bitches like you. Ight." He walked off.

"See. That's exactly why I wasn't doing that." I shrugged.

"He's a really sweet Guy Di." She said referring to my nickname. (India.)

"Then you represent him, what the hell?"