•2•

India

"Thank ya so much. Again."

"It's nothing. I've talked to the judge she said everything is looking good for you but she couldn't say to much."

"I hope I beat dis case man."

"I hope you do too. I don't see why you wouldn't."

"Well dese last three days needa hurry up. I'm tied of being in jail."

"I just bet you are. You should be used to it though." I joked.

"I ain't been ta jail in two years. Dis don't even feel right no mo."

"Well hopefully this time you'll stay out the streets and invest all that money you have into a business or something then you won't have to worry about being in here."

"So I basically need sum to keep me off the streets."

"Yes. Exactly that."

"Den I need you."

Switching the phone to the other side of my ear I tried to hide my smile through the glass.

"You need me? To keep you off the streets?"

"Fasho. Jus by spending all dis time wit you,
You've helped me do dat. I'm tryna Make dis a everyday thing."

"You know I have a boyfriend."

"One that you ain't really feelin'."

"I am feeling him." I laughed. "Why would I be with him if I wasn't?"

"I'm jus sayin'. I can tell wassup."

"Clearly you don't. I love him."

"Yeah ight."

"I'm gonna get going."

"Bye beautiful."

"Bye August."

Getting up I left out the facility and drove home.

When I entered the house it was sticky note on the wall right by the door that read.

I know you just got off work. It's a glass of champagne on the counter. Grab that and make your fine ass up the stairs.

Laughing a little to my self I did what I was told.

Opening our bedroom door, their Caleb was on one knee with the prettiest ring.

It wasn't that big but I was still grateful for it.

"I know it's a only been a few years but I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of waiting to be your husband India. Your all I've ever wanted and needed in a woman and I'm glad you made your way to me before I ended up with a hood rat." We both laughed a little. "All I'm saying is I can't picture myself with out you. I just wanna get married, move out this house and buy and own our own and raise a family there. Can I have that? Can you marry me?"

"Yes baby." I cried, hugging him the very tightest I could.

"Yes?"

"Yes."

The rest of that night we had sex like no other and we just enjoyed this night.

I was on cloud 9 and it was nothing that could knock me down from it.

***

"You knew ma?"

"Yeah. He came by and asked your father and I if it was okay."

"Let me see your ring." My sister Asia chimed in, coming into the kitchen. "That's small as hell."

"Girl shut the hell up." My mom slapped her back.