•5•

India

"Mam is this your house?" The police officer asked.

"Yes. What the hell happened?"

"One of your neighbors called it in. Did you by chance have a stove or something on?"

"No not at all. I haven't been home in a few days."

Looking up the house was literally destroyed. I don't understand what could of possibly happened because I know for a fact I wasn't home so the only things that wondered through my mind was that someone did this to me.

And I couldn't put my finger on it because no matter what me and Caleb are going through, he wouldn't ever try to burn my house down.

"Wh-What can we do?" I fought my tears.

"Nothing can be saved. Everything was destroyed. The fortunate part is that nobody was in the home. Do you have insurance?"

"Yes."

"The most they can do is try to replace some of your things, but we're gonna began the investigation since you've said you were gone. Where?"

"At my boyfriends house."

"Gotcha. I'm so sorry. I'll give you a call."

Nodding I gave him my number and got in the car. Looking at my house in flames all I could do was cry.

While driving back to August's place, my tears crowded my vision. I was beyond hurt because I had truly valuable things in there.

And for them to just be gone with nothing left for us to do just all out sucked.

"Damn you back alr- what's wrong bae?"

"My house."

"What? What about it?"

"Somebody burned it down! My fucking grandmas ashes was in there." I began sobbing loudly as he held me.

"Bae I'm so sawry. It's gon be aight. Ya hea me?"

"No it won't."

"Stop all dat poutin'. Daddy gon fix dis."

"Boy." I giggled softly.

"Na but you can stay hea. All dat Gucci and shit ima get you it back. And as fa ya nana I'm sawry bout dat baybeh."

"Okay." I sniffled.

"And as for the mafucka dat did dis gotta die."

And those were his last words for the night.

I just didn't understand who would do something like this.

And I know once my mom finds out the ashes are gone she's gonna be so pissed.

And I can't help but take the blame for this.
Yeah insurance can give me some bullshit ass furniture and whatever else but they can't bring me back my nana.

That was the only thing I had left of her.

We fell asleep as my tears fell upon his chest. Being with him brought me a different kind of comfort.

I felt safe with him.

I was slowly falling in love with this man.

***

"It what?" My mom screamed throughout the whole entire house.

"Somebody burned it down. The ashes were in there mom. Their gone." I sobbed.

"It's ok baby." My dad rubbed my back.

"Is it really? I knew I shouldn't have gave those to you."