27 | baby daddy

Via's POV
1:31 pm | their house

day of the baby shower

"okay! everybody to the backyard!" lisa's voice yells and everyone heads out the back doors and to our back patio.

two chairs are set up in the middle of a circle of presents and ethan and i make our way to the chairs. i sit down and ethan sits next to me placing his hand on my thigh.

lisa starts bringing gifts up and we read the cards before opening them. i receive many cute baby outfits as well as toys. once all of them are opened i go to hug people and thank them.

  "thank you, lisa," i say as she embraces me in a big hug. "for everything, really."

  she pulls away and glances behind me. "sweetie, i think there's one more gift."

  my eyebrows scrunch together and she points behind me as everyone gasp and awes. i quickly turn around to see ethan, down on one knee, looking straight into my eyes. my hand automatically slaps over my mouth, tears forming in my eyes.

  "v, you've been the greatest thing to ever happen to me," he starts chuckling a little. "i'm not really good at these speeches so–."

  i nod my head up and down. "yes."

  he looks at me in shock. "wait, really?"

  i laugh and mumble, again, a quiet, "yes."

  he slides the big stone ring on my finger and wraps his arms around me, picking me up off the ground. everyone claps and congratulates us as we walk back into the house.

  lisa brings the gifts in and we place the girl's stuff in the pink and the boy's stuff in the blue room

lisa brings the gifts in and we place the girl's stuff in the pink and the boy's stuff in the blue room. we all walk back out into the living room where everyone is talking and drinking either the pink or blue punch.

"wow, look at you," a voice behind me says, the accent heavy and thick, almost hispanic sounding. 

i turn my head around and my eyes widen. "aunt amelia?!"

  she giggles a little and nods her head.

  "what are you doing here?" i ask in shock.

  "i came to see you of course," she answers as if she doesn't live in a different country.

  "is uncle josh here?" i ask looking around.

  she looks at the ground and then back at me with a smile. "he passed away, via."

  "oh, god, i'm so sorry," i reply feeling guilty.

  she shakes her head. "that's okay. so how far along are you? you look like you're ready to pop."

  "i'm a little over five months," i say and she gasps. i laugh. "i'm having twins."

  "oh dear lord, i was about to say," she placed her hand on her chest. "your boyfriend's proposal was adorable."

  i blush thinking about it. "yes, it was."

  a pair of hands land on my shoulders and i glance up at the person.

  "hey, baby," ethan says kissing my lips.

  "hey," i reply softly. "uh, ethan, this is my aunt amelia. aunt mel this is ethan."

  he holds out his hand and she swats it away pulling him into a hug. "it's very nice to meet you, ethan."

  he smiles towards me and hugs her back. "it's nice to meet you too."

  she pulls away and turns to me, smiling cheekily. "via, i'm moving back to the united states."

  "oh my god, really? when?" i ask as ethan wraps his arms around me from behind, his hands resting on my stomach.

  "this month. i'm moving to new york for the job i got," she says almost squealing with excitement.

  "oh my goodness! that's amazing and you won't be too far from here."

  she nods and places her hand on my shoulder. "i'm gonna go say hi to your brother and his wife."

  "valencia marie!" another voice shrieks behind me, except i know this one.

  i spin around and cora's familiar scent of lilac and lemon envelopes me. she breaks from the hug and looks at ethan.

  "this is girl talk, e. you gotta go," she says motioning with her thumb for him to leave.

  he laughs and kisses my cheek before walking towards grayson and cameron.

  "okay, bitch, i'm your maid of honor, right?" she says cutting straight to the point.

  "oh my god," i laugh. "yes you'll be my maid of honor. but i'm not doing the whole have-ten-thousand-bridesmaids-thing, like i don't have that many friends," i say in a duh tone.

  she laughs and nods her head. "same."

  i eye her. "is that seriously all you wanted to ask about?"

  she nods her head and then her eye catches onto my ring, her hand extending to grab mine. "oh my god! your baby daddy is loaded, via!"

  i wheeze in laughter and slap my hand over my mouth. "shut up, you idiot!"

  "on a serious note, though, i'm really happy for you," she says.

  "thank you. you know those moments when you feel like life couldn't get any better?" i ask as she nods her head. "well i feel like that moment is right now. everything is just falling into place."

a/n: close to the enddddd. <—- wow can't believe i actually typed that sentence and meant it wowow k in all realness i luv u allll so much bye
vote and comment!!!
-el

(edited)