28 | push

Via's POV
5:46 pm

three & a half months later

"ethan, i don't think i can do it anymore," i say as he places his hands on my stomach and rubs.

i've been tossing and turning since this morning, not being able to move. ethan's brought me every-meal-in-bed and my painful contractions have only gotten worse.

"baby, you gotta make it through it, you're doing great, okay?" he says trying to comfort me but i just roll my eyes.

he doesn't know what it feels like.

"i need to pee," i groan standing up awkwardly with the watermelon sized stomach i have.

i waddle my way into the bathroom whimpering when my contractions start again.

i make it to the toilet and am about to pull my shorts down when i feel a liquid trickling down my leg. the flow becomes heavier and i yell ethan's name.

"ethan!" i shout. no answer.

"ethan, my goddamn water just broke! wake the fuck up!"

this time the bathroom door flies open and ethan stares at me.

"what am i supposed to do?" he asks, worried.

"help me! i don't know," i say throwing my hands up in the air.

he runs out of the room and comes back in with the baby car seats and his rover keys.

"okay i'm gonna walk with you, just hold onto my arm," he says as he leads us out of the bathroom towards the stairs.

a new contraction starts and i moan in pain.

"fuck," i groan, breathlessly.

he takes us out the front door and locks it behind him before running to the passenger side and opening it for me.

i get in and he shuts the door, quickly putting the car seats in the back with the diaper bag and extra clothes.

he sprints to the drivers side and speeds out of the drive way and towards the hospital.

"e, slow the fuck down, i'd rather deliver these babies alive," i yell as he slows down a little.

"sorry, i'm just nervous," he says making me giggle a little at his cuteness.

after ten more minutes of misery we make it to the hospital where we rush into the mothers department.

"her water broke and she's going into labor," ethan says to the lady at the front desk.

she quickly types something into her computer and then tells me to lay down on a stretcher.

she rushes me to a room where my doctor comes in and instructs me to undress and change into a gown. i do so and then lay back down in the bed as ethan helps me move around.

the doctor checks my dilation to see i'm only about five centimeters. he says we should probably start pushing at around nine or ten.