Chapter 8

I FORGOT TO SAY THIS LAST CHAPTER

But John and Alex are the only ones with their historic appearance because I'm too lazy to look up what everyone else's historic appearance was so

Yeah

Anyways-

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I am a failure at love." Alex said dramatically as he fell into John's bed.

"What happened?"

"Angelica isn't it either. I swear, it went a lot better than the one went with Eliza, but still! NOTHING!"

"Alex, just give it time."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Besides, I still have a few more people that could be it."

•••

"How'd it go?"

"Terrible! She didn't even have anything in common with me so we didn't have anything to talk about which left us just sitting there awkwardly."

"Stay patient. I'm sure you'll find them."

"I hope."

John shifted from where he was sitting to glance at him.

"So, how many more people do you have left on that list?"

"Well, since Eliza and Andre aren't a thing anymore, I was thinking maybe seeing if it's him."

Right. John had called Peggy to ask how Eliza was doing, and she had assured him that she gave Eliza some pain medicine. Eliza had been confused, but gave in eventually and took the medicine from Peggy. She was still in a small amount of pain, but it wasn't unbearable. Eliza had asked Peggy how she knew that she'd need pain relievers but Peggy had refused to tell.

"Alright. I hope it goes well."

•••

Alex crawled back through the window before slowly sinking to the floor and lying flat on his face. He let out a distressed sound, making John look up from what he was doing.

"Let me guess, it was a no?"

Alex turned his head to look at John.

"A big fat no. I swear, I'm no closer to knowing who it is than when I started. And it's not like I can go on a date with EVERYONE." He sighed and rolled into his back, staring at the ceiling. "Maybe this stupid flower is wrong. I mean, what's even the point of having a flower to tell you you're in love when you can't even figure out who it is. The best thing I can do is probably give up."

John eyes widened as he listened to Alex. Alex couldn't fall out of love, because then his flower would fall out and he would be in pain and it would be John's fault because he didn't tell him and then John's heart would be broken from still being in love with him and then his flower would fall out and he doesn't want to go through that again and now he's hyperventilating and-

"John, oh my God are you ok?" Alex stood up and ran over to John. He had looked up to see John gasping for air and clutching his chest and he almost had a heart attack.

He racked his brain as quickly as he could to-

Wait.

He shot away from the bed over to John's desk, throwing open a drawer and quickly shuffling through before finally seeing John's inhaler. He grabbed it and handed it to John, making sure he could get it to his mouth before running downstairs to get Mrs. Laurens. When they got back up to his bedroom, he was breathing normally again, still slightly shakey. Mrs. Laurens checked to make sure they didn't need to head to the hospital, but it hasn't been that bad. As soon as she headed downstairs, Alex was right next to him.

"Are you ok?! What happened?"

"I-I don't know. You, you were talking a-and then suddenly thoughts were flying and t-then I couldn't breathe and, and just, thanks."

Alex smiled.

"You're welcome." He leaned over and hugged John. John hugged back, all thoughts of the previous conversation forgotten.

Goodness John with asthma just appeared. Literally did not have that plan but whoops guess it's here.