3

3
___________________

"Brunch. With. James. Please." I wheeze out breathing after every word. I know I probably look like a hot mess right now but I don't give a shit. At least this dress looks decent along with my heels.

"Uh straight back," she says looking at the two of us with an odd look. I give her a thumbs up and grab Brooke's hand. I sprint to the back of the restaurant running past tables and waiters/waitresses to get to this damn brunch. I skid to a stop when I see my sister and Liam hugging my parents. I flatten out my dress and take a deep breath. Brooke is panting like a dog as she tries to smooth out her dress. I do the same and casually walk up to them.

"Beckham! Oh my god, honey!" My mom exclaims running up to me. She wraps her arms tightly around me in a hug. I hug her back quickly and pull away. Maybe she won't smell the tequila on me. I sprayed enough perfume that I'm pretty Brooke and I are a little high off of it.

Brooke was all about questions in the car. Brooke and I have been best friends since we lived in New York. We both decided on FSU when my dad got the job. Our other friend Brittney and other roommate lived in New York with us too. As soon as Brooke and I got into Florida State University her parents up and moved to Florida too. Except they are in Siesta Key while mine are in Tampa.

My mom moves her eyes away from me and looks at Brooke. "Brooke, are you alright dear?"

"Becks- uh made me run. I'm good though," Brooke says glaring at me. She hugs my mom as I turn to my dad. He has his light eyes narrowed at me. My mom says I get my bright eyes from him. I hate my eyes because they look so dark unless they are in the light. As for everyone else, they say they are this intense hazel.

"Hi Dad," I say opening my arms for him to hug me. He laughs at me as he hugs me.

"You smell like alcohol," he says as I pull away from him. I give him an awkward smile shuffling backwards. I chew on the inside of my lip and play with the hem of my dress. Looking up he's laughing at me shaking his head. "Go eat some food and drink some water, Beckham."

"Ah yes food!" I laugh lightly patting his shoulder. I scurry away from him as fast as I can. My dad knows all about college so usually he's not too bothered by it but it still gets me nervous sometimes. Also I'm feeling a little guilty since I just slept with his star tight end but no big deal. Brooke falls into my step as I quickly walk towards the water station sitting at the end of the food table.

"I am going to vomit," she mumbles rubbing her temples. When I reach the water station, I grab two cups and tuck my clutch underneath my arm. Brooke looks like she may pass out as I fill up the cups. We both are in rough places this morning especially after the fact I slept with fucking Derek Turner. I still have yet to tell Brooke who I slept with as I hold out the water to her.

"Same. I can't believe we even made it," I say glancing around the busy backroom. Everyone sipping mimosas, eating food, and smiling. I can see cameramen outside looking at us and snapping pictures. Well those should be interesting of Brooke and I sprinting into the restaurant.

That's the one downfall with my dad being a famous football player and now coach. Everyone knows him and everyone knows us. Plus, people only want to be your friend to get to the football players or the game.

I take long and hard gulps of my water. Everyone begins clapping. My sister and Liam must be coming in as I continue to down my water. Brooke mumbles something to me but I'm too invested in willing away my headache.

"Beck, I heard you had a rowdy night." I nearly choke on my water as I set down the glasses. I glare at Liam and he holds his hands up.

"Thanks for snitching, jerk," I mumble.