7

7
____________________

I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to will the headache away. I should not have went out with my friends last night. I knew I was going to regret it but here I am. Hungover and providing free labor for my sister. The rest of the bridesmaids are also here to help us put things together. The guys aren't here since they have weight training and then film, although they should be wrapping up soon.

My mom is running around showing caterers where to put things, where other people should the put flowers and decorations. Willow is upstairs getting ready. Brooke runs past me in a blur of red hair as she walks out the pack door. Brittany walks up to me and hands me a bottle of Advil.

"Thank you," I say popping two pills into my mouth. She extends a water bottle and I take a long sip of it.

"Are you feeling any better?" Brittany asks. I push my sunglasses up over my hair and take another sip of water. The water is cold and cools me down.

"Yes, everything looks great," I say. For someone who put this together in less than five days, I did a pretty damn good job. We are having the party at my parents house in their giant backyard. A large rectangle shaped lap pool sits in the middle of tables covered in white linens and decorated with blush pink and white hydrangeas.

I hear voices behind me and I turn around to see my mom is coming from the back doors. She looks great and ready to go for the party but I know that face. It's her media face. Another woman steps out wearing heels and a bright orange dress.

"Hey, it looks great! I can't wait to have the two of you plan my- what are we looking at?" Brooke asks from behind Brittany and I.

"Wow, it's beautiful back here. We are going to take some pictures before everyone arrives," the woman explains as a photographer steps out onto the porch. They have yet to notice Brittney, Brooke, and I.

"Oh Beckham, honey, this is Charlotte Evans from E! News," my mom says making this Charlotte character to turn around. That's why she looks so familiar. Also, why did no one care to tell me that E! would be here.

"Beckham James. Wow, I've heard tons about you and actually have talked tons about you," Charlotte jokes. I laugh, a fake one, and shake her outstretched hand. She shakes it back smiling at me.

"Charlotte these are her college roommates, Brooke and Brittany," my Mom says introducing the two of them. They both smile politely.

"I've seen you two across the pictures," Charlotte adds shaking each of their hands. Brittany and Brooke both do so well with the media and I couldn't be more thankful to have them. Usually people just eat that shit up.

"Nice to meet you," Brooke says. My mom finally steps in and pulls Charlotte away from us.

"Beck, I have it from here you all can go get ready," My mom says to me with a smile. I nod my head and walk into the sliding glass doors. Brittney and Brooke following along behind me.

"E! is here? Damn, I was really looking forward to drinking today," Brittany mutters from behind me. I almost vomit at the thought of drinking. I walk through the living room and grab my dress from the coffee table where my mom placed it. It kind of makes sense why everyone is so stressed out about this engagement party and why I saw the Tampa Bay PR lady here.