fifteen

(a/n: okay so like uhh hey! sorry it's been like two months since i've updated , i've been kinda blocked and just in a weird place mentally but i pinky promise to try to get back to more regular updates!! i hope you all enjoy this chapter <3)

"you're... gay? like... you're into guys?"

my brother nodded slowly, avoiding eye contact with me. 

"d-do... do you hate me?" his voice, like his hands, was shaking. 

"wonwoo, are you kidding?" i turned toward him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "of course i don't hate you. you are my best friend and i will always love you no matter what." he looked over at me, a smile present on his face. "and thank you for telling me. you have no idea how happy i am that you'd tell me something like this, and that you trust me."

"i was so scared to tell you. thank you for accepting me."

i flashed a wide smile. "of course. now can we go home? there's a show coming on soon that i really wanna watch."

he laughed quietly as he got the car back on the road, driving smoothly back home. 

• 

a few hours after getting home, wonwoo and i were sitting on the couch, watching reruns of a show we used to watch when we were younger.

"okay, so i have a question." i turned to face my brother.

he nodded lightly, signaling for me to proceed.

"do you have a boyfriend? and if so," i smiled. "is it that jeonghan guy?"

wonwoo started laughing loudly before he nodded. "how'd you know? we've been so good at hiding it?"

"ha! jeonghan isn't good at hiding anything." junhui walked into the living room, taking a seat next to me on the couch. "even if i didn't know you two, i'd be able to guess you were a couple in literally 0.2 seconds." 

the three of us laughed together, wonwoo and i agreeing with junhui's statement.

and we continued watching tv for a while before wonwoo went out to hang out with some friends, leaving junhui and i alone.

the two of us snuggled up on the couch, watching the same show that had been on for hours, talking quietly about the most random of things. i felt so incredibly comfortable and happy being with him like that. i couldn't imagine anything in the entire world making me feel better.

but that was until there was a loud knock on the door. 

both junhui and i were confused, as it had already gotten quite late.

"who is that? did you invite someone over?" i asked, sitting up a bit on the couch.

junhui shook his head as he began to stand up. "no, i knew wonwoo would be going out so i wanted to just spend the night with you." he started walking towards the door as a small smile ran across my face. 

another knock hit the door right as junhui opened it.

"jeonghan? what're you doing here? aren't you supposed to be with-"

"th-there was an accident, a-and h-he's in the hospital."

before i could even fully process what i heard, i had sprung off the couch and rushed to the door, my heart feeling as if it was going to leap out of my chest, but also as if it had to sunk to my feet. 

"jeonghan, what are you talking about? what kind of accident?" junhui's voice started getting louder, panic easily heard in it. 

my brother's boyfriend took a long, shaky breath before looking down at his feet, a tear falling to the floor. "i can explain o-on the way. b-but we need to go n-now."

-