eight

"junhui, what the fuck?" my brother's angry voice was the first thing i heard when i woke up.

"wonwoo, let me-"

"NO!" wonwoo's voice boomed. "that is my baby sister in there! i should never come home to find the two of you in the same fucking bed! there's no good fucking reason for it!"

"please, just calm do-" 

"don't you dare try to tell me to calm down." my brother paused for a moment. "junhui, i need you to leave."

the whole apartment fell silent. my eyes widened at wonwoo's words. 

"wh-what? i don't-"

a loud sigh left wonwoo. "i don't mean for forever, but i really just need you to go for a few days. stay with minghao or something, but i just want you out."

there was another long pause before either of them spoke. 

and then:

"alright. i understand." 

i heard footsteps coming towards junhui's room so i quickly decided to pretend that i was sleeping.

the door opened and junhui walked in with a sigh, taking a seat at the foot of the bed. 

"nawoo, why are you pretending to be asleep?"

i sat up slowly, shifting my body to face the boy. "i don't-" i cleared my throat. "i'm really sorry."

he turned his head to face me, offering me a weak smile. "don't sweat it. i'll be okay at minghao's for a few... it'll be like when we first came to korea."

a scoff escaped my mouth. "it's not fair, though. do you want me to try to talk to wonwoo?"

junhui quickly shook his head. "nah, that might just make things worse, ya know? he just needs to cool down, it's not a big deal." he then stood up from the bed. "you should probably go out there though." 

i nodded slowly as i got out of his bed. i opened my mouth to apologize once more to the boy who had started packing some clothes into a bag, but instead, i made my way out to the living room where my older brother was sitting on my makeshift bed with his head in his hands.

i walked over and took a seat next to him, causing him to lift his head and look over at me. 

he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, and it made my chest feel heavy. 

"nawoo, when i said you could live here, it wasn't so that you could try to seduce my best friend or some shit. i don't under-"

"it wasn't like that. not at all." i groaned. "i would never do something like that, and you should know that. i had a nightmare about him and junhui was just trying to comfort me since it wasn't like you could, seeing as you weren't here."

i was feeling completely overpowered by emotions, i felt like i couldn't breathe.

before wonwoo could say anything, i was locking myself in the bathroom; something i had always done when i felt overwhelmed since i was a child. 

 • 

"nawoo?" a light knock followed my brother's voice.

 i blinked open my eyes to be met with the bathtub.

what the hell? i must've passed out...

"nawoo, are you okay? you've been in there for a couple of hours..."

i sat up, clearing my throat a little. "uh, yeah, sorry." i stood up and walked over to the door to unlock and open it. i was greeted my brother with an uneasy expression. "i must've done that thing-"

he nodded quickly, letting me know i didn't have to explain any further. "i'm just glad you're alright. and i'm sorry about the whole situation with junhui. he-"

"did you still make him leave?"

wonwoo nodded slowly. "i just feel a bit uncomfortable regarding the situation, and i feel it'd be best if he wasn't here for a few days."

his words made me feel angry for some reason. but they also made me feel guilty. junhui was kicked out of his own home because of me and i really felt absolutely awful. and it really sucked that there was nothing i could do about it.

i gave my brother a small nod before walking past him to the living room, taking a seat on the couch. 

i turned the tv on and started flipping through the channels until wonwoo stood in front of the tv. 

"i wanted to let you know that i'm about to go out with my bo- friend!" his eyes widened and he gulped after his stutter, causing me to give him an eyebrow raise. "i'm, uh, going out with a friend." he took a deep breath before continuing. "but i'll be back later, hopefully not too late."

"alright, well have a good time. i'll probably just call nayoung to keep me company."

my brother offered me a small smile before walking off to his bedroom as i resumed channel surfing.

just a few moments after that, my brother was out the door, and i was making a facetime call to nayoung to catch her up on the past twenty-four hours of my life.

-