Part 5: The New Girl

Eli and Mark spent most of their freshman year laughing at the petty drama their friends found themselves wrapped up in. For instance, Darby found herself sad and alone, after Gemeen moved away and quickly forgot about her. Erik frequently ended up in awkward situations with girls he wasn't sure he liked, and learned the hard way that there was no easy way to end a relationship. Another of their friends, Ruby, found that committing to a guy was much harder than she thought, and time and time again, ended up crying to Mark and Eli about her problems. This made Mark and Eli feel all the more correct about there seemilngly drastic decision to stay single. 

   But no one can avoid love forever. Especially on a day like Valentine's Day, which just so happened to be the day when their lives would be changed. It all started with a new girl, who's name was Alessandra. Tall, with wavy hair and a bronzed complexion, Alessandra was the new girl, who just so happened to love choir, and would arrive at the school less than a week before this fateful Valentine's Day. 

   "Dude, did you see the new chick, Alessandra?" Mark asked Eli.

   "Yeah, I heard about her..but it doesn't matter, because we don't date anymore.

   "Yeah..too bad, huh."

   "..too bad.."