Part 8: An Unexpected Turn of Events

"Hey!" Mark called out. "Excuse me, but can someone open the door? It's been locked from the outside, and my date is out there."

   "Yeah, mine too!" Eli exclaimed. "Her name's Alessandra!"

   "Now wait just a minute," Matt began. "Eli, what the hell are you doing here? I thought you weren't dating anymore! And especially not dating the girl I'm on a date with!"

   "Woah man, I don't play like that," Eli explained. "She's my date, and that's that. If anyone is doing the backstabbing right now, it's you."

   The two glared  at each other for some time, and then decided that they might as well watch the movie. Being the only two people in the theater, they sat at opposite ends of a row, glaring at each other.

   "Can you pass the popcorn, douche-face?" Mark asked.

   "Sure thing, ex-best-friend," Eli replied.

   This went on for about half of the movie, with the two exchanging as many insults they could think of. But then, they began to notice the actual movie they were watching. It surely wasn't what they had paid to see. It was about two guys, who decided to stay single, but then, began to fall in love with one another.

   "So...this movie is just plain stupid," Mark began, as he stood up and moved closer to where Eli was sitting, just six chairs away.

   "Yeah, I totally agree," Eli answered, also getting up to sit closer. Five chairs away.

   "I mean, who would buy into this crap?"

   Four chairs away.

   "Yeah, it's total bull."

   Three chairs away.

   "But, we've been doing the same thing as them.."

   Two chairs away.

   "And, what if..."

   One chair away.

   "We feel the same way..." They both whispered, as they found themselves standing, face to face, right next to one another. Mark grabbed Eli, pulling him close, as their breathing became in synch. Leaning in, very slowly, Mark and Eli slowly felt their lips touch, warm and rough. They both knew they wanted this, and slowly began to do more, taking off clothes. Kissing. Touching. Moaning. Their dream was finally coming true.