Chapter Two

Passion Can Drive You Crazy

                                         But  Is There Any Other Way To Live?

I absolutely loved my job. I didn't hate it at all. Why would I? The upbeat music as it bounced off every corner of the club walls, the bass as it beat against your ear drums, the mingling people, some pretty, some not so much. The neon lights as it seemed to dance along with the music off everyone's skin, everyone body rubbing against one another.

  Let's not forget the sexual atmosphere.

    Being around all this made my wolf growl in approval, made my little kitty between my legs purr in eagerness. I was horny. Not only because the sexual tension in the air was getting to me but because I knew I was getting some tonight which in turn was making me anxious. It gave me a little prep in my step as I skipped along the bar as I was handing customers their drinks. I felt high with energy.

  But who was I to prey on tonight? Who was the lucky guy?

  "Serena!" One of my co-worker, Eric, yelled out to me over the loud music. He passed me a shot. "Complimentary of the girl over there." He cocked his head to his left where a little blonde locked eyes with me and smiled with her rosy red lips.

  Or girl. Bingo.

   We were not allowed to drink while on the job but it was hard to get me - and anyone of my kind-  intoxicated. Alcohol burned the moment it hits our system like a drop of water will sizzle to a puff of smoke when it hits a hot surface. What a buzz it would be if I were drunk, or even a little tipsy. So I tipped the shot back straight. The burning sensation that slid down my throat was making me even more high.

      She flipped her hair over her shoulder, exposing enough skin that made the wolf in me launch in anticipation. She was teasing me. In more ways than one, I might add. With a flick of her thick lashes and lip biting, I was so ready to jump her bones.

     I jerked my head to the right where the club's hallways were, indicating I wanted her to meet me there. Without acknowledging she got the message, she gracefully got up and slide off the bar stool. When she was almost to the hallway, I pat Eric on his shoulder.

  "Cover for me." I told him.

   He looked to where the girl once sat and back at me with a growing smirk. "Don't do something I wouldn't."

  "You'd do alot." I pointed out. He laughed before going to my side of the bar to tend to the additional customers there. I squeezed my way through the thick crowd. Had a few people grab onto my hand or other body parts indicating they wanted to dance. I would of but tonight I had an undeniable craving for blonde. I was hungry and I was horny. I felt like blonde would fill me up nicely.

   When I made it to the hallway I tried sniffing for her scent but it was like my nose was clogged up. I don't have sinuses, hell I can't even get sick. Nothing sticks to me.

   I looked ahead of me and frowned when I saw a line of girls waiting for the bathroom. Them being there isn't what made me frown though. It was this uncomfortable, slightly burning feeling I was getting in the pit of my stomach. It was unlike me to feel this way. It made me feel hot and slightly tear up to the point I started to see doubles.

   I intended to turn around and go back to the bar knowing that something was awfully wrong when I was suddenly yanked by my shirt into a dark room. By now I was sweating, body burning and my friggin' eyes were taking longer than usual to adjust.