Goodnews

Disclaimer : I DO NOT OWN CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971 feature film) OR FAMILY GUY.

If I don't get the job at Springfield Middle School it won't be the end of the world. I'm sure there will be other jobs available for me. I try not to think about it too much and Homer tells me to stop checking my emails every minute of the day. I keep checking them to see if the job is mine or not. I go back to checking them once a day.

When I wake up on the day I've promised myself to check them only once, I learn that the job is mine. All mine. I can't help but jump in the air with excitement like a little child. Finally I have a career. A career that I have chosen and I hope to enjoy. I will get to meet new people, learn lots of new stuff, earn extra money and feel like I have a purpose. Yes my life has been good so far. Not all women have loving husbands, beautiful children and warm roofs of their head. I mean I still have all that but I also have a job.

"I've got a job, I've got a job" I start singing in the style of the golden ticket song from the original Willy Wonka movie.

"What the fuck mom?"

Maggie arrives home from school looking a little embarrassed.

"Maggie what I have told you about that horrible horrible language?" I snap into cross Marge mode.

"Britney's Mom lets her swear" Maggie protests.

"No more Family Guy for you!" I scold.

She just rolls her eyes and storms off to her room.

Maggie shouldn't be watching Family Guy. Bart loves it and when he lived with us he'd always be watching it, so Maggie would join him. She thought all the bad language and sexual references were hilarious, I don't think she understood the undertones of all the jokes though. Britney has been Maggie's best friend for two years. Her mom is a property developer who lets her daughter do anything she wants. Because of this Britney thinks she is mature and cool for her age. I definitely don't want Maggie using bad language and I certainly don't want her to become so "cool" that her childhood ends now.

After we both calm down I tell Maggie  the good news, she congratulates me before going back to her S Club 7 CD.

Later on I tell Homer the good news.

"So you're gonna be Mrs.Simpson" he smiles.

"Yes, that'll take some getting used to. But I'll soon be used to do it" I giggle.

"Well done Marge. I'm so proud of what you've achieved and proud that your my wife"

We then share a passionate kiss. I had my first boyfriend as a freshman then horrible Artie as my prom date, but Homer is really my first and only love. We've been together 27 years and although we have our ups and downs, I can't imagine our lives any differently.

Homie's lips meet mine for a kiss, it's a smoochy kiss the sort we'd have all the time when we were horny young adults. I'm picked up and carried to our bedroom where I'm gently placed on the bed. The kissing continues and I feel the zip on the back of my dress being undone. I take off Homer's shirt and slowly we become naked.

After our loving sex, I lay in Homer's arms. They're not as strong as they used to be, they've been more like teddy bear arms since Bart and Lisa were young children. But I know that they still belong to the same loving and gentle guy I fell in love with back in 1974. All is peaceful until I'm woken up at 3 AM by Homer's snoring. Oh the joys of marriage, I turn on the bedside lamp and fumble around for my earplugs. I place them inside my ears, sigh and eventually doze off back to sleep.