Karina

When it turns out that I've won the modelling competition, I'm indeed very happy. I will show women that they too can feel beautiful, even if they're 45 year old mothers or grandmothers like me.

My agent meets with me for coffee one day as an introduction. We also discuss a few things. Her name is Karina Ashtan and although she has a very striking appearance - 6 ft with long wavy charcoal hair, glistening almond eyes and pouty red lips. She is very happy to meet me.

"Ah you must be Marge. My name is Karina"

"Pleased to meet you Karina"

"I'm your agent so basically I help find work for you within your modelling contract"

We go through some paper work together and she starts to tell me about what to expect.

"One of your first photoshoots is one where you will be joined by all the other women who entered The Next Big Thing. You will be sitting on a mock throne in the middle as though you are the queen with a prop crown upon your head while the runners ups will be gathered around you as though they're your ladies in waiting"

Ooh I like the sound of that"

I laugh at the prospect of me as a Queen. I remember when Lisa was 5, telling her these made up stories about how King Homer and Queen Marge ruled over the Kingdom of Springfield while Princess Lisa liked to ride her ponies and Prince Bart wanted to be a knight. That wasn't real of course but this photoshoot is.

"What's so funny Marge?" Karina asks with a grin on her face.

"Me, a Queen"

"Yes, you will be featured in Housewife a monthly woman's magazine"

"I used to read that actually"

"I like the fact you have a sense of humour. Many models do not"

"Well I'm here to be different aren't I?"

"Indeed, beauty has no definition"

"And I'm here to make more women realise that"

"Marge I've been looking at the photographs you had taken for your competition entry. You really have some stunning features"

"Why thank you"

When Homie saw me naked for the first time all those years ago , he said I was the most beautiful woman in the universe. I remember melting at the comment and kissing him passionately in response. I think it's easy to guess what happened next but being considered attractive by someone else other than your husband is always a nice thing.

Although Karina is a very striking woman who looks as though she should be photographed next to Naomi Campbell, she is actually really nice. She definitely looks as though she may have walked the runway before but has somehow got into recruiting other people who don't tick the boxes.

I may have only just met her, but Karina might be a friend for me. I don't want to try too hard but I haven't really had a proper good girlfriend since Suzette Blanc. She was a French-Canadian girl whose father was in the military and joined Springfield Elementary in the first grade. She didn't speak very good English but because the school knew of my French connections they suggested me and my parents help her learn English. That's what we did and in the process Suzette and I became very good friends. Although she could speak English by this stage we spoke to one another in French. We thought this made us look really cool because no one of the other kids or teachers could understand a word we were saying. But at the end of fifth grade, Suzette's father was deployed to Japan. She promised to write but after one postcard , I never heard from her again. Perhaps she no longer cared or she couldn't afford the postage with her allowance. I have absolutely no idea. All I can say is I never found another friend like her and as I entered puberty all the bitchy girls would giggle about me behind my back.

Well if any of those bitchy girls knew what I had now they'd be jealous. I have not only a warm home and a loving family but a career that not many people get the chance to have. Lots of bonuses for Margie.