50

i just realized something... idk if y'all knew this already, i'm just going to type it out.

bsd's edogawa ranpo is actually loosely based off august dupin, a character from murders in the rue morgue (e.a poe's most famous work) mainly his deductive abilities and reasoning. ranpo can make out the whole scene of the case just by looking at a few evidences, and it is the same with dupin. august dupin managed to solve the case, the murders in the rue morgue, simply by reading two newspapers which have had the case featured, and investigating inside the building personally for a short time. the rest of the conclusion was made as he mulled over the case that night when he and the narrator (nameless idk) had went back home. when he had submitted the answer to the puzzling murder to the police, the chief didn't want to accept the fact that it had been solved by someone who was not even part of the team. the same happened with ranpo. he managed to solve a case in literally a few seconds (which is quite exaggerated, given the basis), leading the policeman to nearly have discarded of his claims as nonsensical. both parties hold these geniuses in such high regard, of course, and ranpo is often described as someone who can scarily predict the unpredictable. dupin was a like man. he brought to light and labelled possible what might have seemed impossible at first. both are amazing personas in their own works of fiction, and just an additional thing...

POE'S TELLTALE HEART WAS FUCKIN AMAZING MAN. it was reaaally short, but the impact was like, holy fucking shit.