Chapter 5: Stolen

The scent of old mothballs and the sound of the muggle television woke the trio up the day after the wedding. Emily sat up, hearing the combined groans of Daphne and Blaise as their bed creaked ravenously with their every move. They stayed the night in a seedy motel not far from the Greengrass mansion, acquiring a room with a queen-sized bed that seemed old enough to actually belong to a 17th century queen.

The dark-haired girl picked up her satchel from the musty carpet and dug her elbow in deep to procure fresh sets of clothes for her and her friends. "We need to leave as soon as we can from here. We also need to disguise ourselves so, who wants to have the first go at the shower?"

"Why?" Daphne said in a hoarse voice through her pillow.

"Because we are in a spitting distance from a wizarding suburb from where you grew up in," With every word she said, Emily threw a coat, a sweater, a pair of pants, and a set of underwear at Daphne's body's outline from the mass of blankets she was under. "Aside from that, you have a missing poster of yourself on every tree outside. Soon enough, I'll be soon be on what will be a joint Undesirable No. 1 Poster with Harry. And soon enough, word will come out that I have two idiots with me who'll be branded as blood traitors."

Blaise rose to his feet, dragging himself to the bathroom, "Tough shit. Just imagine your brother and his friends – him, a muggleborn, and a blood traitor. It's a 3-in-1 kind of situation." Once everyone got cleaned and sorted out, they left the motel and headed towards the first place they could find. The three sat themselves in a booth deep within the diner, fumbling with the menus and the salt n' pepper shakers.

"Do we look like muggles?" Daphne said, uncomfortably stiff in her outfit. Emily threw a crumpled napkin at her from across the table, "If you're not sitting like a constipated mannequin, you'll blend in nicely."

"Good morning, you lot ready to order?" A cheery middle-aged waitress asked, pencil and notepad in hand. Emily nodded promptly, "Erm... just three breakfast platters please." They all handed their menus to the woman and waited for her to be out of earshot before dwelling deep into their conversation. Emily looked intently at Blaise and Daphne, "Where to next?"

"Well, we've got the bloody locket," Daphne chimed. "Remember? The one you stole from Hermione's little purse."

"You make it sound like I stole from my mother – "

"She does have two sons under her care now." Blaise mindlessly said, his eyes glazing over to the counter. "It's nine o' clock in the morning, where are all the people?" Emily and Daphne followed where his eyes led and saw a pair of men settle themselves on the bar stools. The girls returned their focus back to Blaise, "There's two over there."

"Thanks, geniuses." Blaise muttered, "I seriously am hungry – Oh, shit – DUCK!" The trio slipped under the table, the sound of glass and tile breaking accompanied by green jets of light. Daphne levitated the table and threw it over to the two Death Eaters. Emily and Blaise promptly stood and sent body-binding charms to them, watching them freeze mid-curse and then falling back onto the cracked tile floor. When the dust had settled, Emily ordered Blaise to go to the kitchen and clear out all the people and erase their memories while she told Daphne to close all the blinds and repair the damages. The Potter twin moved forward to the stiff bodies, watching their eyes move around like marbles swirling around in a tin can. Emily crouched before their bodies, looking carefully at their angry faces.

"I don't recognize them." She muttered under her breath, standing up to face Daphne and Blaise. "Should that be a good thing?" If I don't even remember their faces, chances are that Voldemort has gained more followers.