Alternative Ending. (NOT REAL)

I cannot believe I have reached this far. I was around thirteen years old when the idea of writing fanfics came to me, and it was initially just a one-book thing that occurred during the 7th installment of Harry Potter. But no, all of this sprouted and I just went with it, and I ended up loving it completely. 

This chapter is an alternative ending. What would have happened if things went sideways? I wrote this long ago, way before I started book 7. 

And as always, leave comments and questions below. Hearing from you guys is the best. 

Love, IAmTheChildOfHades.

Edited July 5, 2020

I think it's high time that I explain why I wrote Emily the way she is in the books. To be honest, I swore off getting this fact out because it may be received in a different way than intended, but the seven books are done so, what's there to lose? 

A lot of characters are enamored by Emily, and I know because so many comments have gone on and on about it. Even going as far as calling her Mary Sue. I don't know if you actually read the books, but she is far from it, man. She has so many crippling issues, if Emily were an actual human being, I'd give her a hug. But let me clear things out on why you may think she's boy crazy what with all the people falling for her and how it may seem like a Mary Sue. 

Out of the twins, it's made clear that Emily has the strongest link to Voldemort. For Harry, it meant possessing the abilities of a Parselmouth and a front-row seat to the bald guy's mind. What about Emily, the girl who struck the first blow that ultimately weakened Voldemort? 

I would like to think that with her scar being so dangerously close to her spinal cord, the fragment of Tom Riddle's soul embedded itself onto her own soul therefore they shared a fair few qualities. Remember, he was manipulative from the start and he used his undeniable charm to get his way. That time Tom tricked Ginny into pouring her heart into the diary, and then possessing her to carry out that whole heir of Slytherin bullshit? Charming the Grey Lady into giving up the location of the Diadem of Ravenclaw? Smooth-talking his way to good graces with Hepzibah Smith so he could steal the Cup of Hufflepuff? That whole conversation he had about Horcruxes with Slughorn? 

Not only did Emily gain the ability to speak to snakes, but as a kid (see: book 1), she thought she could read minds when really, she was born a gifted Legilimens. Why is that? Because Voldemort is a talented Legilimens. Wow, Emily has a lot of people wrapped around her finger, what is it with her?  Gosh, she's she can do practically anything. What a Mary Sue. 

Point 1: Her soul had intertwined with Tom's, so it, unfortunately, meant that she had his undeniable charm along with other abilities stated above. 

Point 2: It's mentioned in book 5 that the orphanage abused Emily so much to the extent that it tainted her magic. She repressed it within her, and that's all kinds of bad. To make matters worst, it's paired with her aptitude for the Dark Arts which she also knacked from Tom. 

Okay. Now, why didn't you say so in the first place? Because, it's freaky, man. Some people might and totally would interpret this as Draco falling in love with Tom Riddle. When really, it's just a quality that Emily just unfortunately gained through no fault of her own. What does this mean when the twins finally kill Voldemort? I like to believe that Emily has eased up a bit after the war, but it messes with her mind since she no doubt has PTSD. Kind of a who the hell am I? kind of vibes. Yeah, she loses that charming quality, but that's just replaced with that awkwardness you see in Harry. She isn't a powerful Legilimens anymore, but good enough to get what she wants. 

Bonus content: I kind of went with this when I began the series, I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but let me shoot this with you. With Emily's scar being where it is, it messes with her fifth chakra, the throat. That particular chakra is connected with emotional balance, inner peace, and communication. I don't know about you, but 90% of what we see from Emily is the complete opposite. What about Harry? His scar is on his forehead which targets the sixth chakra, the third eye. That one is connected with intuition, inspiration, and insight. And that aligns perfectly with his tendency to have visions from Voldemort's perspective and emulate his emotions.