Chapter 2

Welcome! I hope you enjoy chapter 2!

I sat in my room until the girl named Akane told me dinner was ready. On the way downstairs she told me that we were having curry and that she helped make it.  I asked if she liked to cook and she confirmed it. As we talked, I analyzed her.  She was kind of plain to be honest. She had brown eyes and brown hair that she kept in a braid on her left side. It fit her, though, and she had a cute face to go with it.

Once we got downstairs I noticed someone was missing from the table. "Where's Yuichiro?" I asked Akane. She sighed and replied with, "Yuichiro doesn't always join us for dinner. It's usually when something happens, so it's probably because you came today." I must have had a worried expression on my face, because she added, "Don't worry, he always comes down and gets food eventually." I nodded and decided to eat and try not to worry about it. That didn't really work for me, though. I kept trying to come up with ideas to get close to him without it being obvious while I ate.

I decided to hang around the kitchen and play area to see if he ever comes down. While I waited after I finished dinner, I decided to get to know some of the kids. I saw two little girls playing with blocks. If I remembered correctly, their names were Ako and Fumie. Ako had light brown hair kept in pigtails, and Fumie had hair color similar to Akane's but left hers down. They ran over to me with huge smiles on their faces when they saw me approaching. "Big brother Mikaela come play with us!" Fumie said. I marveled at the fact they took to calling me big brother although this was the first time we've really interacted. I brushed it off as kids being kids and told them I would. We played with the blocks for a while. We would build them up as high as we could go, and then Ako would rawr like a monster and knock them down making Fumie laugh. I even chuckled a bit at her Godzilla impression.

After that a boy, Taichi, came up with the idea that everyone in the play room should play tag. Everyone, except me, cheered and agreed to it while I just went along with it. Everyone voted for me to be it first, so I chased them around a bit before finally tagging Ako. She, in turn, chased the other kids around for a while. This went on until the director intervened.

She explained to me that they had a schedule for cleaning up before bed. She said that they had two bathrooms that the kids would take turns using starting at 7:30 everyday. It went in order by age, because the younger kids had to go to bed first. She informed me that I would have to go last, because I'm the oldest along with Yuichiro. I understood and started helping the older kids clean the playroom while the youngest kids went to the bathroom to prepare for bed. Once it was my turn I used the bathroom to get ready and wen to bed. I never did see Yuichiro, but I had a plan B.

-----------------

That night I couldn't sleep for two reasons. One, I was still trying to figure Yuichiro and the other kids out along with this new place. Two, I was making sure I stayed up, so I could carry out my plan. Once the clock hit a seemingly random time in the middle of the night, (2:43) I took action. I crept over to Yuichiro's room and, as silently as I could, opened the door to tiptoe inside. He was sleeping peacefully in his bed, so I did what any normal person would do.

I walked over to his bedside and shook him awake. He gradually sat up, rubbed his eyes, and looked over at me. Once I knew I had his attention I whispered, "It's me, Mikaela. Can you show me where the bathroom is? I don't know this place well enough to find it in the dark." He nodded and got up before leading me to the bathroom. Once we got there he asked me a question, "Can you find your way back on your own or do you want me to wait for you?" I replied with, "I can manage. Thank you, though." He nodded before heading back to his room. I almost took the chance to spend a little more time with him, but I didn't want to be a bother. I proceeded to use the bathroom( I actually did have to go after staying up all night) and went back to bed.

That night I learned something. Yuichiro either doesn't think when he is tired or he just doesn't care when he is tired. Honestly, it was probably both. I decided to go to sleep once I got back, for I was exhausted from keeping myself awake. So, I went to sleep satisfied that Yuichiro finally talked to me, tired or not.

Thanks for reading chapter 2! I hope you enjoyed! Sorry if the chapters are short, but I will try to update as much as possible to make up for it. I just don't want to take too long updating because I made a chapter super long. I hope to see you next time!