Chapter 8-Double Life

*Avery's pov*

    When I got home from school, I couldn't stop thinking about what Kiara had said. The guy I was making out with was a freaking famous singer. And he didn't even think to tell me?! I decided to search him up Instagram, shocked at what comes up. This man is verified with 3.8 million followers! How do I not know about him?! I scrolled through his feed, not realizing I was majorly blushing. He was so damn hot in every picture.

    I accidentally clicked on the homepage of Instagram and saw a post by Vanessa, a stuck-up, popular, cheerleading bitch. Her picture was captioned, "The new guy already getting it with the girls at our school??" It was a picture of Harvey. And. Me. Kissing. I started to cry. I was so embarrassed. This picture was uploaded 42 minutes ago. Uh-oh. Everyone is going to come up to me at school tomorrow. Wait. How did Vanessa even get this picture? It was from our first kiss, but she's not in my theater class. Oh my gosh. I'm going to actually strangle whoever took this. The good thing was that from the angle, you couldn't tell it was me. Just a random brown haired girl. But still.

    A couple of hours later, I finished my homework, and Harvey texted me. He gave me his address and I decided to wear a plain striped t-shirt with light blue ripped jeans. Driving to his house, I thought about Vanessa's picture. What if she knows it was me? Does Harvey even know? Soon, my favorite song came on, Home With You by Madison Beer. I started to jam out and forgot about this whole mess.

    His house was about 10 minutes away from mine, and when I got there, I was slightly surprised. For someone who has a full-on career at the age of 17, his house was actually quite small. It looked around the same size as my little townhouse, if not, smaller (Yes, I know he is 19 but they're still in high school okay don't come for me). I shrugged it off and took my keys out of the ignition. As I opened the car door, I remembered the drama, which made my mood 10 times worse. I slammed the door harshly, with a grunt on my face. I walked up to his front door and rang the doorbell.

    *Harvey's pov*

    When I heard the doorbell open, I smiled and opened the door. I tried to give Avery a tiny kiss, but she had an annoyed look on her face as she moved away from my lips and walked into my house, without making eye contact.

"What's wrong?" I ask, concerned.

"Were you ever going to tell me that you were living some double life? You pretend to be a normal guy, that I trusted, but you turn out to be some famous guy on the internet?!" she exclaims. I could tell she was getting angry.

"Look, I'm sorry," I reply, as genuine as possible. "Of course I was going to tell you, but everyone at this school knows who I am, except you. You treated me like a normal person and I just enjoyed having someone who liked me for me."

"Were you not there when we had a conversation about this in the library? I said it didn't matter if you or anyone was famous. I'm not some gold-digging asshole, Harvey." Her face shows affection, and I know I she is trying to forgive me. This is my chance. I walk up close to her and grab both of her arms as I see her almost shiver.

"Of course not, Avery. You are an amazing, beautiful girl, who can always cheer me up." I stare right into her eyes as our lips are only a few inches apart.

"And you are a handsome, fun guy who is really good at keeping a secret." She smirks. "But... there's already pictures of us kissing on Instagram." She walks away from me and sits on the living room couch.

"I don't care," I reply. "I want everyone to know that I am dating the now-famous Avery Woods," I say.

"Dating? Since when are we dating?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, now that you mention it," I get down on one knee. "Would you, Avery Woods, do me the honors in being my girlfriend, and making me the happiest man alive?"

    She starts to chuckle and stands up from the couch. As she takes my hand, she says, "Yes, Harvey Cantwell, I would love to be your girlfriend." I stand up and wrap my arms around her waist as her lips touch mine. After a few seconds, I pick her up by her thighs and bring her up to my bedroom. I gently place her on the bed, as I go to get something from my closet.

    No, it's not a condom or whatever else your dirty mind is thinking. Don't ruin the moment.

    I grab my guitar and sit down next to her. I wanted to play her one of my songs, particularly one of my favorites, Personal.

*Avery's pov*

    He starts to sing and play his guitar, and I must say his voice is truly an angel. The lyrics to the song caught my attention, as it was about his girlfriend cheating on him with another guy. Was this from past experience? He started to get emotional, so I smiled back at him. I would never do anything to hurt my new boyfriend. Especially cheat. That's just down-right cruel.

    By the end of the song, I got some of the lyrics down and began to sing with him. I actually love singing, because it was a natural gift of my mom's. As we smiled and looked into each other's eyes, I forgot about the mess with social media, and just let my feelings run wild. Something I hadn't done in forever.

Ayy here's chapter 8! Sorry, it took a bit I was busy with school. Also, I know that ending sucks lmao. But hey, did you notice that bit of foreshadowing? Lemme know your thoughts!!