Prologue

•Skylar's POV•

"Skylar! Get down here! We need to talk." I heard my dad yell.

I immediately got worried, and as I walked down the stairs into the kitchen I was thinking about all of the things I could do or not do in order to get in trouble. Maybe I didn't hear my mom tell me to do something so I didn't do it? I don't know.

"We have some great news to tell you Skylar!" My mom said when I walked into the kitchen.

I thought, 'Oh my god maybe my mom's pregnant.'

"Okay? What's the great news?" I asked her.

"WE ARE MOVING TO AUSTRALIA!" My mom and dad both yelled.

"What? Where? When? Why?"

My dad sighed, "We are moving to Sydney, we are moving in two days, and we are moving because I got a job there that'll pay really good money. Don't worry honey, you'll meet new friends at your new school!"

I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to leave my friends here. Couldn't I just finish school here? I mean, I'm going into senior year so why not? I was so frustrated right now.

"You better call Emily and Cassie up and tell them the good news!" My mom jumped up and down and clapped her hands.

"Okay," was all I managed to get out.

I ran up the stairs and into my room closing the door shut. Instead of calling them both at different times I just decided to Skype Emily and Cassie.

"Hey what's up Skylar? That message you sent us seemed urgent," Emily asked.

"Guys I'm moving to Australia," I told them.

"WHAT!" They yelled in unison.

"Yeah. My dad got a job and I guess we have to move, but can you guys come here because I need help packing."

"Sure," Cassie said.

"Um, I'll have to ask my dad," Emily responded.

There was a thing with Emily's parents where they would only let her go somewhere if she asked them first.

"YEAH I CAN GO ILL BE THERE IN A BIT!" I heard Emily yell.

I ended the Skype call and sat on my bed on my phone waiting for them to get here.

After three hours of packing up my stuff we almost had everything in various boxes.

"I have to go Skylar. I'm sorry I'll come over tomorrow to help you with it," Emily said apologetically.

"Yeah, I should probably get going too," Cassie said.

And then I was left alone.

****

It was 7:00 p.m. and right after we ate our dinner I heard a knock at the door. It was only Cassie this time, but she said that Emily couldn't come because she had to watch her little brother.

We finished up packing everything from my room and my bathroom in about two hours.

"I'm not going to be able to come over tomorrow before you leave so I guess this is goodbye," Cassie said with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry or else I'm going to start crying. I'll Skype you I promise," I said running up to her and engulfing her into a hug.

"Bye," she said one more time.

"Goodbye," I said as Cassie went back home.

****

My alarm went off giving me a heart attack. It was only 6:00 a.m., but it took three hours to get to Madison, WI, And I lived in a small town named Mosinee. (Yes I lived in the cheese state.)

Right as I was walking to the car I saw Emily get out of her car and run up to me.

"I'm SO glad I wasn't too late. Anyway goodbye Skylar. Everyone at school is going to miss you. I'm going to miss you like crazy," I saw her eyes starting to tear up.

I then said exactly what I said to Cassie, and we said our last goodbyes as I stepped into the car and we were on our way.

****

After three hours to get to the airport and another two hours in line to get our bags checked and waiting to get on the plane, we were off on our long trip to Sydney, Australia.

(A.N.)

YEAHHHHHHHH NEW FANFIC!

AHAHA

Thank you to whoever decides to vote and comment :) AND read this thing that I am making.