The Sucky Life of Geekarella: Chapter Two

Picture of Nelly on the side :D ---------------->

Chapter Two

I froze in fear as a gang of my worst enemies stood in front of me. The Royals. It was a group of six; unless someone got a new boyfriend/girlfriend. They stood --as if in an unspoken agreement-- in order of power. The back four people were made up of Max Graham (who's father is one of the most sought after psychiatrists), Chelsey Barlington (whose parents own the most high class restaurant in the state), and the Collins siblings, Cassie and Drake,(whose whole family owned most of the properties within the state). Then front and center was the power couple. Brock Wellstone and Jennifer Bartley.

Brock's parents were one of the best neurosurgeons in the tri-state area and Jen's dad was the governor while her mom was an ex-model, who now owned this school. Basically there was a gang of mega rich, super preppy, school royalty all together; aiming their hate rays at me. Jen had a smug look on her face, seemingly satisfied by my obvious fear.

Jen was very pretty, I could give her that. She was half Asian, so her hair was dark, perfectly straight, super long and she had dark eyes with pale skin. She was wearing, of all things, a fire engine red, strapless cocktail dress. It hugged her petite figure perfectly and stopped just past mid-thighs. On her feet, which she now had in an intimidating stance, she wore a pair of red pumps with black, lacy details on it. Bottom line, she was dressed for red carpet, not high school.

"So, Geeky, how was your summer? Mine was great thanks. I took a trip to the zoo in Australia and saw some pretty interesting things. Like, there was this one monkey who was basically an outcast. She was so desperate to fit in that she began picking and peeling bananas for the other monkeys. Basically just made herself a slave." I felt confusion as to why she was telling me this. Suddenly, I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this wasn't going to be good.

"That monkey had me thinking about some things, and then I realised, it looked an awfully lot like you, my dear." The crowd around us starting laughing. Wait, crowd? I took a look around and noticed we were surrounded by people. People whispering, laughing, pointing accusatory fingers. Suddenly, a wave of claustrophobia washes over me. Trust my luck to run into The Royals on the first day of school, manage to draw a crowd, and now start being claustrophobic.

"So here's my proposition. You, the out cast monkey-" cue some giggles and chuckles. "- become our slave." At this she motioned towards her group and raised a perfectly plucked brow. From somewhere in the crowd, I heard someone say 'shouldn't be hard, she has the worthless piece of crap thing going already'

Ouch. I brush it off.

"Slave? Isn't that against the law?" I bravely asked. What's that saying about bravery being another form of stupidity? Questioning her only provokes her which often leads to whatever she had planned now being worse. I could tell my theory was right because she had an amused smile. Kind of like she was hoping I asked her that.

"Not if you do it willingly." Jen smirked evilly.

"Why in the world would I cater to you willingly?" Oh, Nelly, when will you ever learn.

"Because if you don't, I'll make your life way worse than it already is. And trust me it could get worse." I could tell from the far away look in her eyes that she was already aware of many plans to follow through on her threat.

I took a deep breath before I answered. "Fine." Jen's evil smirk was now a smile of satisfaction. She knew she was going to win; when didn't she? She snapped her fingers and I was suddenly bombarded with six different expensive bags.

"Take those to our room. You should know where it is." And with that, they all walked away. I sighed. As soon as The Royals turned the corner everyone went back to their lives, emptying out the halls, with only me and Gabby still standing in the middle of the hall. From the corner of my eye, I could see her throwing me worried looks. I closed my eyes, took a couple deep breathes, and the watering of my eyes was held back.