Chapter 33: Kisses and Temptations

*low key sitting here wondering how the hell imma write this chapter*
...
This is gonna be a crazy chapter!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I toss and turn under the covers, irritation starting to creep in, why can't I get to sleep?
To be honest I knew exactly why I couldn't sleep. Your ex is sleeping in the lounge room and the boy who he caught you kissing is sleeping in the room next to you... my mind tells me bluntly.
Yeah no shit.
I sigh, lying flat on my back then sitting on the edge of the bed and resting my elbows on my knees and putting my face in my hands. I jump when I hear a soft knock on my door, I sit there for a few seconds, wondering whether I should just not say anything and pretend I was asleep or answer. Is it Ace or Xander? I wonder.
Which one do you want it to be? My mind teases, but I honestly don't know.
I sit there for a while longer but only silence fills the room and the corridor outside of it, then suddenly another soft knock lands on the door, if I had been asleep it wouldn't have woken me up but if I was awake I would have heard it.
"Who is it?" I decide to ask, my voice barely normal volume.
"Xander." His voice responds, also quiet. I stay silent for a while, contemplating whether to open the door or keep in closed and try to get to sleep.
Key word, try. There was no way I was going to get much sleep tonight, what the hell. I get off the bed and grip the handle, turning it and pulling the door open a little, I let go and back up, Xander opens the door the rest of the way and slips inside, closing it silently behind him. His upper body is still bare and his tracksuit pants sit low on his hips, revealing a hot v-line going down...
Stop it!
I look into his eyes, the room is lit by the gentle light of a candle on my desk, it's scent of cinnamon wafts through the room. He looks at me and smiles, he has been acting so weird, no snide comments and no cocky smirks.
"Like what you see?" The corner of his lips tilt up as if he couldn't help it. I roll my eyes and avert my gaze from him, looking to where my hands were fiddling subconsciously with my shorts.
"Why did you come?" I ask him, looking back up at him with the question, he stepped forward and lifted my chin, pressing his lips to mine in a gentle kiss.
"That's why." He whispers, our foreheads rest together and our eyes are closed.
I move away and open my eyes, turning my back on him and going to sit on my bed.
"I'm sorry." He says quietly after a small pause.
"It's alright." I say, looking up at him through the curtain of long blond hair that fell over my face, he walked over and sat on my bed, facing me and offering me an encouraging smile.
"I don't know what to do Xander." I admit, my eyes locked onto my bed sheets.
"About what?" He asked, reaching over and tucking my hair behind my ear.
"You... and Ace... but mostly the baby." I say, blinking to keep back the tears.
"Well it's all up to you. I'll agree to whatever you want to do." He says, I simply nod, feeling better that at least one person wasn't going to leave me. He moves to lean against the wall and gestures for me, "Come here." He says gently. I move to sit beside him, he wraps one arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to put his other arm around me, he kisses the top of my head. I return the gesture, putting one arm around him and laying the other arm on his body, my head sat on his chest.
I wanted revenge on Ace and I had just figured out how to exact that revenge, but I didn't want to hurt more people in the hope of hurting one. Xander knew he was a rebound, I needed to get Ace out of my head and my house. We sat like this for a while until I took a deep breath and took action.
"Xander?" I ask.
"Yeah?"
"Kiss me." I tell him, he looks at me and I get up and straddle his legs, cupping his face with both of my hands and I kiss him. He rests his hands on my waist and kisses me back passionately, there weren't fireworks or a burning passion like with Ace, there wasn't a need or a want. But I didn't care.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not so full on but still intimate, it is kinda important but if you really wanna skip it this is your warning...