Let the celebration(s), begin!

~Fernando's POV~

Here it is! Dia De Los Muertos, or in another case, it's also my birthday. I'm turning 15 years old today and I think that's pretty cool. But there are some upsides, and downsides with having a birthday on a huge holiday.

Upsides are tons of presents, (like any birthday), cake, pretty much everything that comes with a normal birthday.

Then the downsides are that everyone is too busy focusing on the holiday and not on the birthday. It sort of feels like getting a little left out because everyone is busy with decorations, making food, preparing for celebrations in the night, everything really.

Anyways, I was having my birthday in the morning rather than in the afternoon so everyone could set up for Dia De Los Muertos.

"Mijo! We have everything ready!" Mom yelled from the living room.

I ran into the living room and a pair of hands came over my eyes.

"W-what the?! Who's there?!" I asked, startled. The mysterious hands removed from my face and it was Inez!

"Happy birthday amigo!!" She smiled. My familia was behind her with all of the birthday decorations as well.

"Happy birthday!!" They all said. They ran up to me and all gave me a massive hug.

"Your, squishing, me!!" I said, barely breathing.

"Sorry!" They all said stepping back.

Everything looked awesome! There were decorations hung up, presents by the table, I couldn't wait!!

"When can we start?!" I asked eagerly.

"Right now!"

~~~~~~~After birthday celebrations~~~~~~

After everything with my birthday had finished it was time to help with Dia De Los Muertos. We had to hang up decorations, make food, all sorts of things.

While my family was doing things inside I decided to help put up decorations outside. Since Inez was there too she decided to help also.

"Hey, thanks for coming to my birthday party." I smiled at her.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world." She blushed at me and smiled. "Hey! I heard there's going to be some pretty cool acts at the talent show tonight... Maybe we could go!"

"That sounds like an awesome idea!" I said.

"Maybe we could p-perform t-together..?" I heard Inez murmur.

"That'd be really cool." I said, looking at her.

"Oh you actually heard me! Heh.." Inez giggled.

"We'll have to brainstorm some ideas, but that won't take long." I said.

"I'm sure we can pull something cool together!" Inez smiled at me.

~~~~~~~Couple of Minutes Later~~~~~~~~

(prepare for my little fangirl moment here based on the A/N I just did..)

I then heard Mom laughing somewhat hysterically from the inside.

"You look just like him!!" She laughed.

"Do not! S-stop laughing mi amour!" Dad obviously was a little embarrassed about whatever this was.

"It is just me or do you wanna see this go on until they come out here?" Isabel laughed.

"Not just you sis." I responded.

"Yeah! Let's just listen in." Inez laughed.

"It just looks so cute! And can't forget guapo too." Mom said.

"Well thank you." Dad replied.

"Ok, ok. We realize you heard us..." I groaned.

"Way to make things sorta akward.." Isabel groaned as well.

"That wasn't akward! What's akward is embarrassing you infront of your friends." Mom laughed.

"I don't understand how you could do that right now, but what's the hold up Dad?" I smirked.

"Nothing!" He replied, quick to get away from the subject.

"It's clearly something!" Isabel said.

"They're your kids! Come on..." Mom sighed.

"F-fine." Dad whined like we would.

Mom came out of the house first, and Dad was hesitant. He was slowly walking outside.

"Miguel..." Mom groaned. "It's a small little thing!!"

She grabbed onto his arm a little and pulled him outside the door eventually. Dad was looking down at the ground until Mom lifted his head up.

"Oh my goodness!!" Isabel squealed.

I finally looked up and tried to hold in my laughter and smile. Dad had a small little goatee.

"That's what you were freaking out about?" I laughed a little.

"Well I was nervous about what you guys would think, alright? Also I-I don't know.. I haven't had a goatee in a little while."

"'A little while'? Try like five years!" Mom giggled.

"You had the same reaction the first time!" Dad said.

"I honestly think it looks pretty sweet." I smiled.

"Yeah! You look just like Papa Héctor!!" Isabel smiled.

"That's exactly was i was saying!" Mom replied.

"Let's just finish the decorations and everything, ok?" Dad sighed as he let out a little laugh.

"Alright!"

(A/N: like I said a little fangirl moment but not as big as my others. I wanted to add this part into the chapter because of the A/N last chapter. I thought bringing it in now would also be kinda cool so i decided to! I've shown so many people at my school the comic. And they all like it too!! My dude-friend, 3 other friends,  and two of my teachers! When I showed my math teacher he actually said the last part of the comic. And one of my friends quoted one of the little panels. Ok enough little rant sorry!! PEACE!)