like soaking in the sunrise.

Like Soaking In the Sunrise!

SUMMARY; It was an off-week if Alicia wasn't insisting on Finn watching at least one Disney movie with her. When he (albeit reluctantly) lets her choose the films for their movie night, she whips out her childhood favorites for sentimentality purposes. Also, love songs.

PROMPT; N/A.

PAIRING(S); Finn Hudson/Alicia Hastings.

TRIGGER WARNINGS; Cavity-inducing fluff. More importantly, mentioned skipping meals.

NOTE(S); Titled derived from "Your Love's Like" by Sabrina Carpenter. // Extra for chapter eighteen of Love Like Fools, "White Flag," written to celebrate 8.5k reads on the story! Thank you all so much!

━━━━⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

Alicia burst through the Hudsons' front door without bothering to knock. After Quinn moved out, she'd grown considerably more comfortable here. Carole had insisted that Alicia didn't need to knock, and after a few increasingly less awkward visits, she believed her.

"I come bearing DVDs!" she squealed. She nearly fell right over the tattered recliner in her haste to reach where Finn stood near the window. "You said I could pick, so I found my two favorites. Don't worry, there's no RENT. You've endured that enough."

Finn eyed her warily. She couldn't blame her. The DVDs were hidden behind her back, safely out of sight. "Should I, like, worry, or . . .?"

Alicia whipped out the DVDs, beaming proudly. In her grasps were Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast, two of her childhood favorites. She'd considered bringing The Little Mermaid, but she wouldn't have resisted the urge to belt out "Part of Your World" like she was auditioning for glee all over again, and she wasn't emotionally prepared for nostalgia.

Not that she wasn't happy with how life was now. Especially right now. Movie nights with Finn were only every few weeks and they always brightened her days. Even if she wasn't the biggest fan of some of his choices.

"I've kinda got a reputation--"

"No one is going to know your best friend forces you to watch Disney movies with her," she scolded lightly. "You said I could pick, so I did. Now, you're going to sit down with me and we're going to watch both of these and you are not going to fall asleep."

Finn made a face, implying that he would very much fall asleep. That was fine. She had no issues with waking him up by belting out "Friend Like Me" at top volume. "On second thought, maybe we should make this a study date--"

Her protests abruptly fell flat. She blinked. "Date?"

"Date?" he echoed, as if just realizing his words. There was no nerves or stammering, implying the slip had been meaningless, but that didn't damper her jumping heartbeat. "Oh. Well, you know. Friend date."

Friend dates were not an actual thing, as far as she knew. Despite this, she let it go, not wanting to set herself up for disappointment. She was happy this evening and nothing would change that. "Oh, of course. Well, anyway, come on." She latched onto his wrist, leading him over to the couch. "Sit down."

"You make me feel like a puppy."

"You act like a puppy." 

After popping in Aladdin, Alicia fell back into the couch. It might've seemed intentional, but the toe of her boot was actually caught on the table. She squealed as Finn's arms came around her, pulling her closer until her legs were almost in his lap. "What are you doing?" she squeaked, torn between laughing and trying to catch her breath.