Chapter Five

C H A P T E R F I V E
. c a s c a t a .

When you wake up to the smell of burning toast, bitter coffee and the sound of an animal dying, what do you do? You scream at the man in the next room to stop singing because he's physically making my ears bleed.

"Oh my god," I groaned, throwing my pillow that I was currently attempting to suffocate myself with off of my face and onto the floor beside my bed, finally deciding to sit up in the bed that I thankfully slept relatively okay in. I only woke up twice, so that was definitely a big score.

I slid my legs out the side of my bed and slowly padded over to the mirror beside the door, I was wearing knee high socks and a maroon men's shirt that fell to mid thigh. Shrugging at my reflection, I slowly opened the door, hearing the horrible sound even louder.

"Because I'm happy,— clap along if you feel like a room without a roof—" I watched as he bounded around the bench top with nothing but a paid of Calvin Klein briefs sitting dangerously low on his hips.

I felt a giggled bubble up my throat, "You look ridiculous." I stated, he slowly stopped what he was doing before turning to me with his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Holy shit," He squeaked, somehow manly-ish, dropping the butter knife he had in his hand and it clattered onto the tiled floor, "I completely forgot that you were staying here. Jesus Scat, give me a heart attack next time."

I laughed, slowly making my way over to the kitchen and snatching the pot of freshly made coffee, "That will definitely be the goal next time." I stated, grabbing his empty mug and pouring myself one.

"Really?" He asked me, rolling his eyes, "you're even stealing my mug? God girl."

I huffed at him in annoyance before walking to sit down on a bar stool, "Maybe show me where your mugs are and I wont have to swap saliva with you."

"You can swap saliva with me if you ask Scat, you know I'm not opposed." He said, smirking at me teasingly, picking up a piece of toast that was smothered in vegemite and took a huge bite of it.

I quickly took another mouthful of coffee and swallowed it before glancing at him, "Please let me have at least 3 morning coffees before having to deal with your man-whore ways and bi-polar mood swings."

He rolled my eyes before glancing at the clock behind me, "It's Sunday today right?" He asked me, grabbing jeans that were in a basket that was on the dining table. I shrugged then nodded at him, he grinned at me, "sweet."

I watched as he grabbed out a white t-shirt and white socks, pulling them on not long after, "Where are you off to Atreyu?" I asked him with a sing-song ring to my voice. He rolled his eyes at me whilst pulling on his black vans.

"None of your business Scat," he stated, raising his brows and then walking over to grab his keys and wallet of the counter but I grabbed his keys before he could. I watched as he sighed in annoyance, "what did I tell you about touching my shit?"

I shrugged, tossing his keys in my hand and taking another small sip from his mug, "You didn't seem to mind when I stole your mug," I stated, "so where are you off to? Or do I have to ask Sheila."

He groaned loudly before taking a seat on the bar stool next to me, "I'm taking a girl out for lunch okay? Is there a problem with that?" I shook my head happily, standing up off the stool after drinking the rest of the coffee and stretching before turning to him with a grin on my face.

"I'll just go get changed and we can get going," I stated, walking over to my bedroom and sending a wink behind me. I closed the door behind me before he could say no to me.

I heard some noise, he was pressed up against the door, "Nice laced panties Scat."

"Shut up perv." I snapped, turning around and throwing the clothes that I was currently wearing off.  I walked over to the suitcase that I was yet to unpack, I grabbed out a pretty black maxi dress and pulled my flats on too. I chucked my hair into two braids and grinned at my reflection. That'll do I guess.

I pulled my phone out and pressed on Havens name grinning happily when I heard the dial tone. It rang three times before she answered, "Hey Autumn, what's up?"

I grinned through the phone, "Did you seriously just wake up?" I teased her.

"Maybe." She said trailing off, "don't judge me okay, it's Sunday!"

"No judgement here my sister," I stated, raising my hand in promise, even though she can't see me.

"What could you possibly want, Cas?" She asked me, blowing out a breath of annoyance.

"Want to come with me to ruin Atreyu's date at lunch?" I asked her, toying with a loose piece of cotton on my dress.

"Hell yes, where are we off to?" She said, her excitement seeping through the phone. She loves being a nuisance. As do I.

"Hold on, I'll ask," I pulled away from the phone and popped my hand over the speakers before yelling, "Atreyu, where are we going for lunch?!"

I heard him groan loudly "I'M going to lunch at Rashays."

I uncovered the speaker before replying "We're going to Rashay's, get pretty and we'll come pick you up." I said to her.

We said our goodbyes and I unlocked and opened my door to see an annoyed Atreyu that kept glancing at the clock, "I need to be there in 15 minutes."

I grinned, shrugging "That's fine, let's go."

He groaned annoyed before following me out to the car, "I guess I don't have a choice, at least I won't be late—"

"We just have to pick up Haven on the way." I said, chucking him his keys and jumping into his car with a grin on my features. Let's give this boy living hell.