chapter 23

Rishi had held Raina's hand tight and her sobs still continued. Rishi put his arm around her and she rested her head on his chest, tears still flowing. He was caressing her back till she finally stopped. Rishi distanced her, handed her a bottle of water. "Drink it sweetheart, it's the last and first time you cried henceforth no cry baby a strong and happy Mrs Raina Rishi Verma, he kissed her forehead.

Rishi – I dint know this emotional side of yours, jo kisiko bhi rulati sakti hai, woh khud inta roti hai?

Raina – what do you mean "kisiko bhi rula sakti hai?" she hit his arm. You are such a ehhhh.....i don't want to talk to you.

Rishi – see now the original Raina is back, from sati savitri to SHE-MAN. He laughed at it.

Raina looking sternly at him, "tumhara kuch nahi ho sakta", thanks for making me smile always, I love you Mr Husband.

Rishi – are you fine, composed feeling better, by the way word husband sounds so good to the ears my wifey. I there with you so relax. I know its been an emotional day for you ,things have suddenly changed within no time but am there for you, with you, by you hamesha, forever, always.....

The car entered the premises, Rishi coaxed "Raina shall we get down OUR home has come". Absolutely said Raina its "our home". Rishi got down, opened the car door and one of his cousins helped Raina with her lehanga so she could comfortably climb down. They stood near the main enterance hand in hand.

Mrs Verma, badi masiji and other ladies were ready to welcome the newly weds, Rishi's dad stood besides the couple along with some other relatives. Rishi's mom put the tilak on their forehead's requsted Raina to tilt the rice kalash with her right leg and enter the house. The couple entered; his mom directed them towards the temple and asked raina to lit the diya as per the rituals. Raina did as her mom-in law instructed and more or less all the rituals were done.

Rishi and Raina headed towards the hall and sat along with other relatives and cousins. Rishi knew she was feeling uncomfortable with the heavy wear, jewelery and bun on head irritating her; she definitely needed to change and some rest as well.

Rishi whispered to his mom that if Raina could change her clothes and wear something more comfortable. I too need a change tired of these clothes. Rishi's mom one more thing "there are 2 more rituals thread one and ring wala and badi masi is adamant she wants it to be done right away".

Rishi – "mom no more rituals please its enough now". "But you know how she is rishi," said his mom. NO it's our decision and not hers, please don't give into her demands. Anyways me and dad are not ready for all of it. "As you say rishi", his mom a bit upset with him but she agreed.

Rishi's mom – she intervened in the middle of the ongoing conversation, Raina beta go to your room please change and rest for a while. Rishi please take her up to your room. Rishi thanked his mom.

It dint go very well with Badi masiji as Anju(rishi's mom) favoring Raina so much. Badi masiji ( Lataji) anyways had disliked Raina. As the proposal she suggested for Rishi they had flatly refused.

Rishi asked Raina "will please go up I will just be there". Raina ascended the stairs while her lehanga troubling her but she managed it. She stepped in the room it was beautifully done with fresh bed linen and duvet in all her favorite shades. Just than Rishi entered with a bottle of water poured some in the glass and handed it to Raina.

Rishi – "jo hukum mere aka?" I have placed your suitcases in near your wardrobe which you can unpack whenevr you wish to. Please check the wardrobe if you need anychange or something plus or minus. By the way what do you want to have tea or coffee, so feel little better?