Chapter one

No Poppy,you cant copy my maths homework

BUT WHY NOT :((

Because trust me,its most likely rubbish lol

I texted my best friend while making my way downstairs and steering myself towards the kitchen instead of the garage. I knew that I shouldn't really be looking for breakfast when I would be most likely late but I really wanted breakfast.

"Where are they...where are they.....AHA!" I silently mumbled to myself until my eyes found their desired target. Pop tarts. One of the many reasons,I was definitely moving to America as soon as I was 18 was because of the food. I had my more sensible reasons of course but America was simply all I dreamt about. No one could stop me anyway, I had already applied for universities only in the USA. After I toasted my Pop tarts, I sat down and devoured them not even bothering that I was already practically late for school. My ears perked up at the sound of approaching high heels clashing against the mahogany floor board.

"Well then tell him that I need a copy by 2:00 sharp and also-Kimberly,for christ's sake,what are you still doing at home,do you know what the time is?" My mum proclaimed.

"Yeah mum sorry I was just leaving right now" I quickly tried to rush out of the door.

"And Kimberly," My mum's voice stopped me before I could leave.

"Yeah mum?" I impatiently answered. She was the one who told me I was late and needed to get going to school and now she was the one holding me up.

"I told you Kimberly. Do not call me "mum" and do not answer me with "yeah". She huffed. Honestly, she can sure be strict. Who cares anyway? They were just words and it's not like we lived in the Victorian era.

"Sorry,mother." I said putting an emphasis on the word "mother" before rushing into my car. I loved my car. It was an L31 passenger seat Mercedes in matte black. My dad got it for me for my 16th birthday for my 16th birthday which was something I was kind of ashamed of. I always hated being labeled as a rich spoiled brat however I sort of owned the role when I got a £20,000 car for my 'sweet sixteenth'. However, I would be lying if I said it hasn't come in handy during times like this.

-

Normally I would be taking my time walking to class but I was a little more late than usual Mr.Thompson wasn't here. He was always late which frankly annoyed me but I used it to my advantage for a time similar to this.

"Hey,guys." I said as I went over to my group of friends which included the following:

Poppy Lawson. Me and Poppy had been best friends since our primary school days and she was always there for me. A lot of described Poppy as Karen from the movie MEAN GIRLS because she was blonde, she wasn't all to bright and she always poured herself onto almost every guy out there. But I knew the real Poppy and she wasn't a dumb blonde bimbo.

Ashton Irwin. Typical ladies man. All the girls loved him because of his hazel eyes,curly hair and muscular body. But none of them loved him as much as he loved himself. I always hated to say it but Ashton was pretty narcissistic. He was always checking himself out with his phone mirror and never went anywhere without a hairbrush. He once had a panic attack when we all played a prank on him and stole it.

Michael Clifford. Again I've known Michael for a long time because of the fact that my dad and his dad were friends,his dad helped mine with launching his law firm and vice versa. Michael also had a guilty habit of discussing politics ALL THE TIME. He even liked watching the news on a daily basis. He's applied for many parliamentary and political internships but they all said no and never took him seriously because he had an even worse habit of dying his hair crazy colours about every 3 weeks or so.

Calum Hood. Calum was pretty shy and not very talkative. He was even more shy and untalkative when he first moved here last year from California. Although it took him a while to break out of his shell,we have discovered a bit about Calum. Like he has an obsession with football. He pretty much lives and breathes football. He has other hobbies too but football was by far his most loved and appreciated one. He also gave great advice. I've became really close to Calum in the past twelve or so months I've known him and he was like a brother to me. I think he felt the same way about me too because he told me about his sister's death before anyone else.

And to finish it off there was me. Kimberly Clark. I'm pretty much your average 17 year old:brunette,brown eyes,around 5'7. Like I said there wasn't really anything that special about me except i was the daughter of Robert Clark and Catherine Jones. My mum was the C.E.O of a famous fashion magazine called Storm and my dad owned a very successful law firm. My parents got divorced when I was 7 so which left me to live with my mum while my dad went to live in Australia. It's not like I never talked to my dad because he lived so far away,I just didn't see him often. I loved photography and that's what I'm going to try and get a degree in once i go off to university.

"Hey Kim." They chorused at me. Poppy was scribbling down what seemed like someone's maths homework onto her notebook. Calum seemed to be on his phone playing FIFA 14,obviously. Michael seemed to be engrossed in what probably was once a conversation about child benefits with Ashton who was looking down at his phone,doing something I couldn't see from where I was sitting,occasionally nodding slightly.

It seemed like everyone was off in their own world so was just about to bring out my phone when Mr.Thompson came rushing into the classroom. Everyone in the class rapidly put their phone's away and stopped talking and Poppy quickly pushed her notebook out of the way and gave the originally completed maths homework back to Calum and mouthed what I could make out was a "thank you".

"Alright everyone today we are going to be discussing Stalin's dictatorship." Mr.Thompson said,wheezing. You would think that he would be used to rushing into class or get an alarm clock but it looks like both statements were wrong.The rest of the day dragged on until lunch which was my best part of the day. We all sat down together and ate in near silence up till Poppy perked up "You'll never guess who's having a party tomorrow night.".

"Who?" Calum asked and it was the first time he'd said something all day but we were all used to him only saying about 3-4 sentences a day.

"Ryan Parker." She answered with a random smirk on her face.

"Didn't he have one last Saturday?" Ashton chimed in.

"Yeah but this boy is party crazy."

"I'm surprised his parents don't care considering last time they graffitied "suck my a$$" on his bathroom door." I said before taking another bite of my tuna mayo sandwich.

Ashton chuckled before saying "still funny" and wiping the tears of laughter off his eyes.

"Soooo...." Poppy dragged.

"Soooo...." Michael mimicked Poppy earning him a glare.

"Who's going to come with me?" She chirpily asked. Poppy loved parties but she hated going alone and would always drag us with her to them.

"I can't." All four of us echoed at the same time. Actually I had nothing to do this Saturday but i really did not want to go to Ryan's party.

"Why?" She asked,not believing us.

"I've got piano lessons." Calum said.

"I've got a date" Ashton answered.

"I'm going to Yorkshire to visit my sister." Michael defended.

"I'm going to feed my cat?" I tried to claim but instead it came out as a question. I didn't even have a cat.

"You're a horrible liar you know that right?" Poppy asked me and I just nodded.

"Well then it's settled tomorrow night,you can come over to my house to get ready and then we can go parrrrrtttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy!!" She exclaimed. While I just moaned, I already knew that this party was not going to go well.