Chapter five

"So Kimberly, did anything interesting happen at school today?" It was a calm Thursday night and the only thing that could be heard around the household was the clanking of the metal silverware against the glass dishes and the occasional buzz that came from both our phones. Surprisingly, I was having dinner with my mum and she wasn't off at a business meeting of some kind for once but there was a tense silence that filled the air which made the accompany of my mother feel quite non-existent.

"No not really."I replied during the time that both phones buzzed again with a text notification plastered on the lock screen.

"Kimberly,please tell whoever is trying to message you to stop. It's rather rude." She said and I just took my phone while rolling my eyes. My mum was so hypocritical if you looked up the word in the dictionary, her name would be listed as a synonym. But after 17 years you get used to it.

I unlocked my phone and looked at the texts Luke had been sending me non-stop. Yes, Luke Hemmings and I have been texting. A lot actually. Ever since the day he found my number mysteriously we've haven't stopped talking about absolute nonsense. Just random things mostly about each other. From favrouite movies to mcdonalds or kfc. We even once played 20 questions by text message. Tonight though he was nagging me about asking my mum if I could go to one of his friends Halloween costume parties with him. I had to ask her tonight because tomorrow she was leaving to New York for two weeks. It wasn't that I was scared,just waiting for the right time. Luke tried to get me to just go without her permission but that was not only insulting to my mother but also quite risky.

Have you asked her yet?

I don't want to go without you

It would be way to boring :(((

I was too busy giggling over Luke's adorable texts to even noticed that my mum was on the phone with someone and hung up.

"I apologise Kimberly but I have to be on my way to the airport now since a fashion related incident has occurred." She announced while getting up from the table.

"Wait mu-mother!" I shouted.

"Yes Kimberly?"

"Can I go to a party on Saturday?"

"With whom?"

"Just one of my friends,you don't know them."

"Yes Kimberly you can go and be sociable but remember be careful and don't get into any strangers car."

"Yes mother and thank you."

"Ok I have to get going now. I will see you in a fortnight. Goodbye." She politely said and elegantly yet quickly swayed her way out of the dining room on her way to get her things for her flight.

Immediately, I grabbed hold of my phone and replied to Luke.

She said yes!!

Yes!!! He replied pretty quickly which made me wonder if he was waiting for my reply all this time.

Phase one complete. Now on to phase two of the mission "trick or tits"I laughed loudly at his inappropriate mission name that he made up. Even though we were friends didn't mean that he wouldn't stop acting perverted.

Oh and what's that? I replied.

To get you a kinky Halloween costume ;) I laughed even louder at this text and texted Luke for the entire night while filling the entire house with the sound of giggles and the tapping from my phone keyboard until 3am.

-

Luke's POV

I pulled up on to the front of her gargantuan house and ran up the front to the door before pressing the door bell. God I hope this is the right address unless this would be very awkward. Not even a second later, Kim showed up at the door looking perfect as always. Wow she was just breathtaking. She was wearing a Hermione Granger Halloween costume despite my vigorous and repetitive attempts to get her to dress as a slutty nurse.