Chapter 12

"Morning honey" my mom greeted and smiled at me but it seemed forced. My dad looked down at his feet and I couldn't help but feel as if something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked her but she just pointed to the couch and I ran down the stairs and onto the couch in 2 milaseconds.

They were quite for a moment before mom began "sweetie you do realize that we love you right?"

I nodded my head hesitant, not really sure where this is going.

"And that we'll always be there for you, right" she said again and I started to worry.

My dad looked anxious before he blurted out "Mia, your adopted"

Mom hit my father in the shoulder and tried to comfort me but I couldn't hear anything.

It was like my head was dunked underwater and all the voices I hear were just silent but a few hums.

I started to tremble uncontrollably so I held myself tight and started breathing hard. My mom didn't even notice, oh wait she isn't my mom so...Rachel didn't even notice.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I choked out and Rachel stopped talking for a moment.

She bit her lip before responding "we didn't want you to get hurt and we didn't think you were ready"

I glared ag her before saying "you didn't think I was ready?"

Rachel's eyes widen as she began "no, that's not what I-" but I cut her off bu standing up, my voice raising.

"You didn't think I was ready! Do you know what I do after I come home from school? Do you know what I do in the middle of the night while your busy sleeping? Do you know what I do at school? Do you even know what I want?"

My dad- Bob sighed and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out and I almost wanted to smirk but I couldn't.

"You know, I always thought that it was normal for families to miss out on important events. I didn't even know what santa was because you guys almost always miss Christmas. I didn't even think it was possible for me to ever be friends with a guy and yet fall in love, I didn't know that the one person who usually is always out there and doesn't make smart choices would be the most observant. I had to figure this out on my own and that's just a piece of it" I said as they looked at me stunned.

"Do you know what I want? No you don't know what I want because you never cared enough to listen. You don't know me at all so don't you dare tell me that you didn't think I was ready. I'm leaving" I said before walking out of the house and began to run.

___________________________

"Hey waterfall" I said as I walked down the trail and spread the branches apart to reveal a huge waterfall.

It's rare when I come here but when I do it relaxes me somehow and for some reason I start to hum a song I have had stuck in my head since I was a little girl.

I sat down at the edge of the cliff and stared at the water just...fall.

Like my life.

Pulling out a daisy from the ground I started to sing "you are, the only exception, you are the only exception, and I'm on my way to believin...and I'm on my way to believin"

I just can't get that song out of my head, ever since I was a little girl I would hum this song to make me feel better but for some reason it's not working.

How could my Dad just say it like that. As if he's been waiting to tell me this for years and couldn't keep ot in anymore.

Am I really that disposable, dislikable? Maybe I should just quit being a hero, the world only likes me to clean up their mess anyway. Now they can clean it themselves.

Who am I kidding, without Kim Falcon I'm just any other teenage girl with powers. I'm just a super, not a hero.

I just feel so alone. So lost.

Like a lost girl.