AT THE CAMP

XXX

XXX

The birds where chirping as I woke up with a yawn. It was pretty hot in here, so I only had on a tank top and shorts. Getting up from the bed, I throw on a pink button up shirt and quickly tie my shoes into nots so they wouldn't come loose. I looked over at Carl's tiny frame, "Carl, wake up."

He opened his eyes and looked around a bit before smiling softly at me, "Morning Leah, can I sleep in a little longer?" He asked me in a innocent voice. It was also kind of groggy from just waking up.

"Yeah, I'll be right outside helping Carol with breakfast, okay?"

"Okay." He nodded.

"Sleep well?" Dale asked me from top of the r.v. We usually take turns with the r.v. , but Dale is the main one to do it since it's his.

"Good enough." I replied back as I was walking toward the fire where Carol was cooking something that had a marvelous smell.

God was it hot. It had to he like a hundred degrees out here. Sophia, Carols' daughter, and some other kids were running around playing tag, while all the others were working. Dale was always on the lookout, Andrea and Amy always fishing and doing things together, while Carol and I working up some eggs and bread for everybody.

Anyways I never introduced myself, my name is Leah Grimes, the sister of Rick Grimes, but now he is dead, but before this I guess you call apocalypse happened, he was of course still alive and so was Lori. We lost Lori due to breast cancer when Carl, my nephew, was only three years old, so he doesn't remember her much but to this day I tell him all the good things about her.

About three years after Lori's death Rick met Amanda. She is thirty-two years old just like me. After a while I started to get to know her and now were like sisters.

Still to this day Amanda has nightmares because of Rick being gone, so I have to be there for her. At the camp she is usually in her tent quite and discrete from the others so I check in on her on a everyday basis.

Amanda, Carl,  and I all miss Rick and Lori, but a lot of  people lose the ones they love most, and just have to keep moving on, but Amanda can't handle moving on, if it were a month, or even six years after the death,  that's just her.

" Hey, Amanda I brought you some eggs and bread, you should eat." I told her bringing her a plate full of food.

"Thank you."  She said as she  slowly put the fork to her mouth.

"After you're done eating you should come out, get some fresh air, let everyone know you're alive."   I practically demanded her.