GUTS AND GLORY

XXX

"Beep, beep, ..........beep." A car alarm goes off in front of the house.

"What was that noise outside?" I just wake up asking Morgan who was standing looking out the window with caution.

"Just a car alarm. The walkers usually bump into it. It's not the first time its happened."Morgan told me.

" You need to get ready to go." Morgan said to me walking over to his son, Dwayne who was still asleep.

" hey, Dwayne time to wake up, we're about to leave. Get get your stuff ready. You got some clothes in that back room I laid out for you."

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I told Morgan, really happy that I could get out of this muggy ass Hospital rope thing.

After I pull a close on that he had set out for me, I walked out of the back room headed for the living room to help pack all their belongings.

"That everything? I asked Morgan specifically but looking at Duane.

" Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's everything." Morgan told me.

" what are you doing with that bat?" I asked Duane.

"What? It's my protection, besides it's a hell pf a lot better than a loud ass gun." He told me.

"Aye boy, watch your language." Morgan, his dad told him.

"Yes sir." Duane responded. I walk over to the front door opening it slowly, and the street was full of walkers, as of the driveway where the car was.

"I'll get em'." Duane said running toward the car smashing some walkers' heads in.

I went right after Duane, helping him by stabbing them in the head with a kitchen knife, and so is Morgan. Blood splattered all over my clean clothes. After the three of us got the car cleared, we got in, Morgan driving off very fast.

"So where are we headed?" Morgan asked me driving quickly.

"Just keep going straight. Then when you hit the end of this road you'll turn right." I was explaining to him.

When we reach the end of the road he turns right and there is a lot of abandoned cars as far as the eye could see. There was dead bodies laying everywhere, blood splattered on car windows and seats. Just seeing this made me want to pass out.

"Dad........." Dwayne said from the back seat looking behind the car.

"What son?" Morgan asked him.

"Look behind us." Duane said in fear.

As Morgan was going down the road with all the cars, there was about fifty to sixty Walkers following behind us.

"What do we do?" Morgan asked me.

"The only option we have is for you to drive faster so we lose them." I explained to him watching the walkers through my side view mirror on the passenger side.

After he sped up we lost a pack of Walkers. That was a relief for me.

"How much longer until were there?" Morgan asked me.

"Were almost there just keep driving straight." I told Morgan worried if the place was going to be run down by walkers or not.

As the car continuously go straight I see the police station.

"Right there. Just pull beside the building." I told Morgan pointing to the place.

When Morgan reaches the parking spot the engine turns off leaving nothing but silence. I get out a notice that there is a policeman walking towards us.

"I got em." Morgan said to me looking over at the policeman who was a walker. There was a fence blocking him though, so no matter what we wouldn't be harmed. Morgan is standing in front of the Walker just standing there staring at him.

The Walker was trying to reach from Morgan. I walk over beside him.

"I knew this guy. He was a dick." Morgan laughed when I told him that.

Morgan then pulls a pocket knife out and stabs the walker in the head. Plump went the body as it hit the ground.

"Okay let's go find the guns and ammunition." I said to Morgan and Duane walking to the front door.

As I open the door, it makes a loud squeaking noise that makes us all paranoid that walkers would here. I walk in first holding a knife up incase I was needing to use it.

After we all got inside, Morgan shut the door, and it made an even louder squeak. We stopped for a minute to see if we heard any walkers coming, but there was not noise whatsoever.

" Okay, let's head to the back. That's where the guns and ammo should be. " Rick told Morgan.

They packed all of the guns and ammo, Rick taking majority for himself, but also giving Morgan some for him and his son, Duane.

" Do these showers work?" Duane asked Rick and his dad Morgan.

" I don't know, it let's see if the back up generator works." Rick said going to check and see if it will work.

" Turn one of the showers on, and see if the hot water works." Rick yelled from a distance.

"It works." Morgan yelled back to Rick, with awh.

"Well, let's shower." Rick said as he walked towards them.

After they showered, they got their belongings and headed out.

"Here, you push the button everyday at sunrise, I will be listening. I have to go find my family. " Rick told Morgan, handing him a walkie talky.

"Thank you, and you be safe." Morgan told Rick.

Then, Rick and Morgan went there separate ways.