Part Twenty Nine: Only You

"You seriously thought you won this war?"

He questions, his eyes burning with white hot flames, which were once the light to my dark hole I called a heart.

Not anymore.

He walks towards me, his feet making sure sounds on the ground,
demanding it to mold to his wishes.
Just like me.

A tightening grip on my arm, and a threatening look in my eyes was not all that took for me to let my demons out.
To pull on their leashes until they break and are set free.

And they are set free.
To destroy, to demolish, me and the people who were once my world.

They would burn and damage me completely, but who cares?

You didn't.
The world didn't.
He didn't.

So why should I?

It was not the grip of his arm that hurt me.
It was not the look that he gave that hurt me.

No.

The grip he had on my heart, hurt me.
It reminded me that my heart was still bleeding from the last squeeze he gave it.

The look he gave me, reminded that when all my breath was leaving this scarred body, he gave me that same look.

And that is not all to fracture me.
His words also do the pleasure of kicking my broken soul, broken pride.

"I asked you something! You thought you won this war?!"
He starts again. He starts the pain, the hurt, the agony.

But once again, for the last time, in forever.

A wave of fury was building inside of me. This was the silent water that I emptied in tears.

But now it is again filled. A storm that I don't think I can stop.

But after the storm comes the clear sunrise we all know of.
So I let those hushed whispers stand with me to face him.

"What war?" I ask softly. My voice is like a gentle touch to a billowing rose in the wild wind.

But to him, it's always a scream. A shout. A loud sensation against his shallow, poor, eardrums.

"This war of hatred between you-" he points his finger at me.

"-and me."
he points his finger at himself.

"There was no war."

"What?" He replies incredulously.

"There was no war! You were under the illusion that this war was between you and me, no. It wasn't. It isn't. It's between your heart and mind. It's inside you. Not you-" I point my finger at him, replaying the action he did just minutes ago.

"-and me." I point at myself.

“Only You.”

I walk away, wishing that I had never been with the boy who belonged to the wind.

And I was a fighter who belonged to the raging fire, to the beautiful waves of the sea.

And the wind doesn't go with the fire and water, does it?

A/N: Don't hold back from commenting and telling me if I have some mistakes or something like that. Because I want to get better and better. ❤❤❤❤❤ and um, the poor star over there isn't shining... And stars are meant to shine! So uh haha just click on it if you really liked the poetry and it touched your heart.

Or don't.

Lol. It's up to you my dear readers!!! 😂😂😂❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤