The Not So Great Outdoors Part 1

There were a few seconds of a calming water view that was interrupted by a man. He appeared to be in his 30's, had black styled hair and a fair bit of stubble.

Chris: (pops up in front of the screen) Yo! We're coming at you live from Camp Wawanakwa, somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario. I'm your host, Chris Mclean. Dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on television, right now!

The camera pans to show Chris walking along the dock.

Chris: (walking) Here's the deal, 30 campers have signed up to spend twelve weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other. Then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers. (Camera zooms in on Chris's face) Every three days, one team will either win a reward, or watch one of their team member's walk down the dock of shame. Take a ride on the loser boat an leave Total Drama Island, for good.

The camera transitions to a clearing full of organized tree stumps and a campfire pit.

Chris: (gestures to the area) Their fate will be decided here, at the dramatic campfire ceremonies where each week, all but one camper will receive a marshmellow. (The camera zooms in on the barrel with three marshmallows on a stick on top of it. Chris picks up one of the sticks, eats the marshmallow, and then tosses the stick aside) In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame (holds up a stack of magazines with his face on them) and a small fortune (holds up a treasure chest full of gold coins and jewels), which let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week. To survive, they'll have to battle. Black flies. (Camera transitions to a swarm of black flies being swatted at by brown hairy arms with claws) Grizzly bears. (Camera pans down to show that the arms belong to a growling bear). Disgusting camp food!

The camera transitions to a picnic table with a bowl full of little worms and a giant grub with a mustache on top of the small worms.

Grub: (with a raised eyebrow and cocky smirk) Hey now.

The camera transitions back to Chris, who is now back on the Dock of Shame.

Chris: And each other. Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras situated all over the camp. (The camera transitions to a bird's nest where a mother bird is feeding a worm to her babies while a camera is filming in the bird nest. The camera then transitions to a totem pole and slowly pans upwards to show a camera that was duck taped to the top of the totem pole. The camera then transitions back to Chris) Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here right now (double points to the camera) on.....(the camera zooms out with each word) Total. Drama. Island!

———————————————————————————
(Theme Song)
———————————————————————————

The camera transitions to a full view of the island before zooming in on Chris, walking down the dock.

Chris: Welcome back to Total Drama Island. All right, it's time to meet our first fifteen campers. We told them they'd all be staying at a five star resort, so if they seem a little T.O.ed, that's probably why.

The camera pans to a white boat pulling up to the dock, then leaving to reveal the first contestant dropped off the island. This contestant was a sixteen year old girl with a blonde pixie cut and green eyes, wearing glasses, a gray long sleeved shirt, red pants, and black and white tennis shoes, and dragging a mobile purple suitcase behind her.

Chris: Sharon, what's up?

Sharon: (walks towards Chris) Up is a direction used to describe a higher position. (Chuckles) Just kidding, I knew what you meant. It's quite amazing to meet you! (Shakes hands with Chris before observing him with curiosity) Not to sound rude or anything, but you are much shorter in real life.