~16~

Derek's POV

Dusty and I have been texting each other nonstop and I've been getting worried for her.

To My Angel ❤💋😙: dusty you've been worrying me lately, please come over

From My Angel ❤💋😙: Derek I'm on my way home, are you home alone?

To My Angel ❤💋😙: yeah, doors open, please be careful out there. It's dark.

From My Angel ❤💋😙: I love you

To My Angel ❤💋😙: I love you my angel

I put my phone down and went downstairs to the living room. I wanted to prep the living room for her since I know that she'll want to watch a movie.

I heard a knock at the door and I want to go answer it. When I opened it, dusty hugs me tightly and I kissed her head, "what happened?" I asked referring to her foster home.

"They're sending me back." She answered with tears wetting my shirt.

"Why?" I asked when she looked up at me.

"They saw my music and went through my contacts. They saw your contact and they're gonna send me back." She asnwered.

I pulled her closer and held her tight. I then let go of her and went went to the couch. She sat down and I handed her a cup of tea. I handed her one of my sweatshirts, that was her favorite.

She puts it over her head and leaves the hood up. I curl up next to her and then thunder goes off. She clenched my shirt and closed her eyes tightly. I forgot about her fear of thunder, but good thing she's over here.

Dusty

Cheer practice started and Mrs. Menendez told us that practice would be out on the field. But also the football players were out there. When we were out there, I saw Remington talking to the coach. I put my box down and waited for him to end his conversation.

He finished and  walked up to him, "Why are you out here?" I asked him, grabbing his arm, pulling him away.

"Because I want to become a helper of the team." Remington answered.

"No you don't, you just wanna be closer to me because you refuse to stay away from me." I argued.

"Actually you are wrong, Ma Chèrie, I want to help the school out, and do more than just vocal." Remington sarcastically argued.

Remington was inches away from my face with an evil smirk hugging his face, "Remington, please don't-" I begged.

Remington backed up and his face softened, "Dusty I'm sorry, but I want to do this." Remington told me.

"Then why are you following me around the God damn school?"

"Costello! Let's go!" The coached yelled at me.

I ran over, my pony tail whipping around from my head. We started with jumps and kicks then moved to some cheers. We got whistles from the football players because of our practice uniforms. They were like out actual uniforms, but without all the sparkles and details. They're also way more comfortable than our other ones.