IX

Zoe Jackson 

"I'll try to."

I didn't know what he meant by, I'll try to I really didn't care. Well, I did. I just couldn't let him know that. I kept my head down. Waiting for him to leave. 

When he finally rolled away, I let out a breath.

"Been holding that for a while right?" 

"Yeah- I have." 

"Wonder where he's going-" 

"You don't know?"

I looked at the at demi-god leading us around, "No- we don't."

She palmed her forehead, "I forgot you're both new- I'm sorry, here come with me I'll explain everything."

I sat next to Esperanza. Neither of us spoke- if what we had just found out was true then we were in some- deep- deep shit. 

"Are you two alright? You both look really pale."

"There might be a war- I'm not ready for something like that-"

"Don't worry! Well, none of us are but, we're all in this together!" She smiled, "The camp will train you guys! We'll win this war like the last three, especially when we get the Seven!"

"The Seven?" I asked, of course, I knew who they were, I mean my parents were apart of them. But, I needed someone else to tell me. 

She laughed, "I keep forgetting you're new." Then she started, "The seven are the strongest Demi-gods to live, like- ever." She continued and told me a more- in-depth version. 

"How do you know there is going to be a war?"

There was a new 'great' prophecy, we haven't gotten one of those in maybe- eighteen years." 

"What was the last one you guys got?" Esperanza asked

"I don't know- they don't really tell us campers things like that- not to scare us and all." 

I spaced out. We really were in deep, deep shit. 

Note: Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated my stories in a while, I've just been really- idk just preoccupied. I want to finish this story then- idk, I had the sequel and triquel (?) all planned out but now I don't know. Well, I guess I'll just take this one step at a time. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. And I hope you guys are excited about the DISNEY + news. I know I am!! 

Current me: Omfg- i forgot about this book- umm, sorry ig. I'll just publish this chapter...