Author's Note and Awards

Hello and thank you a thousand times to the few of you that have read this book to the end. I never expected this story to get the same kind of response as ELIXR, because I know it's different than your typical fanfic, it's a little less accessible maybe to a younger audience, and it's not a Hogwarts story. But I'm so beyond thrilled to know that these characters who mean so much to me and who have been living in my head literally since I was 14 years old (AKA TEN YEARS AGO) have now found homes with you too. 

This story was floating around for the past ten years filled with plot holes and many various twists and turns of events that I've discarded until I finally arrived at this version and I'm really happy to finally have shared it and them with someone else.

Their story is not over. You may have noticed a number of loose ends were not tied up in the final chapter and that was on purpose. I have plans to continue their story right where it left off and I hope that you'll continue to read :) I'm very excited about everything that's coming up. 

I will be taking hopefully brief break from writing so that I can read through this and ELIXR (which is also getting a sequel) and do some fine tuning, editing, planning, and detail organizing to keep myself consistent. But ideally within the next couple of weeks I'll be posting the first chapters of both books. 

Again, THANK YOU for reading this. My readers are the absolute best. Your comments make my day, every time. I thrive off them and they keep me going. I feel spoiled to receive so many kind and wonderful ones. 

Love you all, so so much.

Hailey

APRIL 2023 UPDATE: The second book in this series, Glass Pieces was completed earlier this year and the third book, If I May Be Sol Bold is currently in progress with mostly regular updates.

Also a huge thank you to the judges/creators of several contests this book has won prizes in :)

Seeker Awards: Next Generation Category Silver Snitch (Thanks to @adharyn @paperbackreads @EllaF1 and @wplmp1)

The Potterhead Challenge Cycle 14: 1st Place (Thanks to @HogwartsDungeons -- check out their book if you want to submit your own story for their monthly awards!)