Dark Misfit II: Family Matters (Neopets)

Heri's House

Ameril left Chase and his mother's home, glad to see that he was in a good mood for once. She was also talking civilly to Rose for once, which was a good thing. She was hurrying down towards Heri, the Air Faerie's house, when suddenly she was stopped by two other light Faeries, Camerie and Damier, two of her friends.

They were also two of her friends who had made fun of her for having been stuck traveling with a human boy in search of a male Faerie. They had laughed both at the fact that she was traveling with a human, that a hornless Ixi had been included and that they were going on an impossible quest.

Ameril also remember that, until she pulled her stupid stunt with Chase, she had been the ringleader of their little click. But then after the embarrassment, Camerie seemed to take charge. She gave Ameril a haughty look. "So… I see that you're back from that miserable quest…"

"Hah…" Damier added in. "I can't believe that someone actually thought of going and searching for such thing as a Boy Faerie."

"Well… if it was such an unlikely quest of being solved, why was it that the Faerie Queen supported it the way that she did?" Ameril asked.

"She… supported it," Damier suddenly stammered out.

"She's lying… there is no way that the Queen would support something as false as this!" Camerie commented. "She's trying to just save face."

"What if she did find a Boy Faerie?" Damier spurted out. She then laughed, covering her mouth. "As if!"

"I did… though it is none of your business…" Ameril said, starting to continue on her way to Heri's house. However, Camerie grabbed her shoulder.

"Ameril, I don't like being lied too," Camerie said, glaring at the other Faerie.

"Chase is my friend. If you don't believe me ask Rose or the Library Faerie, as she is his adoptive mother," Ameril commented, pushing the girls hand off her shoulder.

"Seriously… you have got to be… you're not…" Camerie commented. "How the hell did you find him?"

"The Faerie Queen knew who he was when the Nixi started asking questions and sent him to find him," Ameril commented.

"You mean that human boy you were with… wasn't… a human," Camerie asked.

"Did you kiss?" Damier asked, causing Ameril to look at them funny.

"Why is it that everyone thinks that? He's just my friend!" Ameril commented, glaring at him.

"If you're not dating him… introduce us," Camerie commented, a glint in her eyes.

"As if you'd want to hang out with him… or me for that matter," Ameril snapped.

"Does this have to do with the fact that we made fun of you," Damier commented.

"No… I don't want him to be made fun of," Ameril said, narrowing her eyes. "He's very… how to put it, particular about the whole situation…"

"Oh, come on… it isn't as if he is a Dark Faerie," said Camerie

"Or doesn't know how to fly or use his abilities," said the second of the two.

"Actually… he is a Dark Faerie, he can't fly because… well, there is a reason for it… he hasn't actually been taught, nor has he been taught how to use his powers," Ameril commented.

"Your friends with a Dark Faerie?" Camerie commented. "I can't believe she adopted a Dark Faerie. My mom will never let her hear the end of this one."