Chapter 2

Ariel POV

I was driving in my Mahindra jeep going back home after spending my morning with my dad. While I was driving to my house I heard cries coming from a near by dead end street as I was driving past I saw a women crying and trying to scream for help, quickly I reversed my jeep and ran to help her. There were 2 men surrounding her. One of the guys pushed the women and the other kicked her.

"Woah woah what are you doing you think you are doing" I asked them

"This isn't your problem now move" one of the men said to me grabbing my arm

I didn't let any fear show on my face I had a straight face with a bit of anger

"Let go of my arm this instant" I said with force

"Aww look pretty girl here is trying to be all tough" the other man said

I slapped him and the other man let go of my arm.

They both looked at me in shock. Then they both looked at each other and there shocked faces both had a smirk on their faces and they started to walk closer to me. I tried to think of something and saw out the corner of my eye pepper spray. I quickly reached for the can and sprayed both of their face and sprinted to the women.

"Are you alright" I asked her

"Yes I feel okay but please help me" she asked me back

"Follow me I'll take you to the police station" she nodded and quickly folloowed me to my jeep.

I started my jeep again and made my way to the nearest poilice station.

"If you dont mind can I ask you why they were bothering you?" I asked her breaking the silence.

"Well I live by myslef and Im new in California, so I was probably an easy target for them. I was working in the restaurant that they both owned and they both tried to get with me but I always refused and Im not that type of person and that led to problems for me and them and here I am." she said I felt really bad for her.

"Don't worry everything will be alright" I said to try and make her feel a bit better

"You think?"

I nodded and kept on driving, the radio was on and we sang to have the songs not feeling awkward because we literally just met each other.

"Oh where are my manners I'm Ariel" I said reaching my hand out for a handshake (don't worry we were at a red light)

"Hi Ariel I'm Lana" she said with a chuckle and we both shacked hands.

After about 10 minutes we finally got to the police station.

Ross POV

At the police station.

"Tell me where your boss is and you can just walk out of here, no charges" the chief police officer literally screaming at me.

"Now why would I do that really I'm not a snitch" I answered back with a smirk on my face.

"Give him his beating" he said leaving the cell

They took my shirt off and started to beat me with sticks.

I really didn't feel any pain because I'm used to pain, I'm not new to any of this.

After the incident that happened when I was 17, I haven't felt anymore emotions for anyone or anything.

Sweat was dropping down from my face, my breathing was getting heavier but that didn't stop them from still beating me and bruises staring to form on my chest and arms.

After about 5 minutes they finished beating me, the chief came back in to speak to me.