Departure

The day arrived where dad left for Horizon, and it was hard to see him go. I'd just turned sixteen, and I knew he wouldn't want me to do what I was about to do, but I was going to do it anyway. Max was the only person I told I was going to Omega, because I trusted him. But I wouldn't tell anyone who I was going for. I got into my N7 gear for the first time, before saying goodbye to dad at the docking bay. As I approached, dad smiled.
"Where did you get that? It looks fantastic." He said, and I smiled at him.
"It was a gift from mum when she died. She had everything planned out for me." I said, and he began to frown. "What's wrong, Dad?" I asked, and he sighed.
"You look so much like your mother, Angie. It just reminds me how much I miss her, and how much I'll miss you while I'm at Horizon." He said, and I hugged him.
"I'll miss you too, Dad." I said quietly, and he stepped back, looking over my shoulder. I turned around to see Max approaching. He shook dad's hand.
"Good luck, Mr Alenko. I'll look after Angie for you." He said, and dad smiled.
"With luck, she'll actually go and stay with her grandparents like I told her to." Dad said, and I laughed.
"You know that's not gonna happen, Dad." I said, and Max smiled at me. Dad looked back at the ship he needed to board.
"I need to go, Angie. Don't do anything stupid while I'm on Horizon." He said, and hugged me one last time.
"Bye, Dad. I'll miss you." I said. Max and I watched as he boarded the ship, and the ship left the dock. When the ship was out of sight, I turned to Max.
"You've got the stuff, right?" I asked him, and he nodded.
"It's all here. And you've got your flat key, right?" He asked, his Scottish accent making my heart melt.
"Yes. I'm gonna miss you, Max." I said, and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me.
"I'll miss you too, Angie. Don't die on Omega, please." He said, and I smiled.
"I won't." I said as I picked up the bags he had put on the floor for me.
"Have a nice time on Omega. Don't cheat on me, blah blah blah..." He said, and I laughed.
"I also won't cheat on you. I'll see you when I get home, I'll talk to you every evening. Okay?" I asked, and he smiled.
"Okay. Go do what you need to do. I'll be waiting for you to come back." He said, and I kissed him one final time, before he left, and I made my way to c-sec. I went to the offices, and spoke to a Turian.
"Do you have any ships going to Omega?" I asked, and he looked at me with a shocked expression.
"Why do you want to go to Omega? It's full of raiders and mercenaries." He said, and I sighed.
"It's classified. But I need to get there." I said.
"How old are you even? I can't let people under 18 go alone to a place like Omega." He said.
"Not even the daughter of the first human Spectre who's trying to continue her work and save everyone's asses?" I asked.
"You're Commander Shepard's daughter?" He asked, and I nodded.
"I... can your father not help you on this one?" He asked.
"No. He's on a classified mission." I told him, and he sighed.
"Fine. There's a ship to Omega in 5 minutes. Don't tell anyone I let you on, though. I'll get fired if they find out." He said, and I smiled.
"Thank you, sir." I said, before picking my bags up again and running back to the docking bay. I got into the ship, and made my way to Omega.

When I arrived, I was amazed. Immediately greeted by a huge nightclub covered in displays of bright colours and flames. I walked up to a bouncer at the door to the club.
"You're not on the list. Shove off." He said, and i furrowed my eyebrows.
"I'm the first human Spectre's daughter. Does that get me in?" I asked, and he sighed.
"What's your name? I need to verify." He said.
"Angelica. Angelica Shepard." I said. He nodded.
"Head on in."