Return

The journey back to the citadel felt like an eternity, as I was getting more and more excited to see Max again. I knew going back to the Citadel meant business for me, but I couldn't wait to see my boyfriend again. Max was at medical school now, and training to be a doctor. My mind was clouded with thoughts of him as I sat on a sofa next to the bar, looking out of the window at the stars. Mum walked in and sat down next to me.
"You excited to get back to the Citadel, Angie?" She asked, and I nodded.
"I haven't seen my friends in a year, it's about time I got back to them." I said, and mum smiled.
"What about that boy you used to talk to? Are you still friends with him?" She asked me, and I thought of Max yet again.
"Yeah, we're still really good friends. I'll take you to meet him when we get to the Citadel." I told her.
"I can't believe how much you've grown up since I died, Angie. You're so strong now, and going to Omega on your own was really stupid but brave." She told me, and I laughed.
"It wasn't stupid. You forget Aria took me on right away and I became one of her most trusted, therefore finding Garrus for you. You're welcome." I said, and mum smiled.
"You're so much like me. It drives me mad." She told me.
"Well, you should have expected it." I retorted, making her laugh again.
"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you before I just appeared on Omega, Angie. I wish I could have, but no-one would tell me where you were." She told me, but I shrugged.
"It's fine. I'm just glad you're back, mum." I said, before hugging her.
"Yeah, well there's a chance I won't come back this time. I'm going through the Omega 4 relay to defeat the collectors." She told me as I rested my head on her shoulder.
"I know, mum. I've learned to spend every moment with you the best I can. But you'll come back. I know you will." I told her.
"Hey, Commander, we're at the citadel." Joker's voice interrupted on the comms, and I stood up.
"Let's go meet Max, then." I told mum as she stood up. We left the Normandy and We walked to our apartment so I could put my bags inside, before sending an anonymous message to Max to meet me in Zakera ward level 25. He wouldn't know it was me as i had to get a new omni-tool after mine was smashed in a fight against some Vorcha. Garrus had come with me and mum too, as I insisted he did. He was who I went to to talk about Max so I thought he deserved to meet him too. We all walked to the Zakera ward and I leaned on the barrier by the plants in the middle. I saw Max climb out of a skycar and I smiled as he saw me, watching his eyes widen.
"Angie?" He asked, and I nodded as he ran towards me, before picking me up and spinning me round as we kissed. Mum looked at us with a faint smile on her face. Max put me down and I kissed him again.
"Okay, it was worth leaving med school for the day early to do this." He said, as I took in every element of his Scottish accent, and his curly ginger hair, and his green eyes...
"I've missed you so much, Max." I told him.
"I've missed you too. Oh, is this your mum?" He asked, looking over my shoulder at mum and Garrus. Mum smiled at him.
"Yeah, this is Commander Shepard, known to me as mum, and Garrus, ex-CSec bad boy." I told him, and Garrus laughed.
"Spot on, Angie. It's nice to meet you, Max. Angie hasn't stopped telling me about you." He said, and Max shook his hand.
"Nice to meet you too. I'm assuming you were the one she went to Omega for?" Max asked, and Garrus nodded. "And it's nice to meet you, Commander. I thought you had died." Max continued, and mum sighed.
"I did, but Cerberus bought me back. And it's good to finally meet you, Max, although Angie decided not to tell me you were her boyfriend..." she said, shooting a mock glare in my direction. I laughed.
"I wanted it to be a surprise!" I told her, before turning to Max again.
"Well then, Angie, I'm taking you out for dinner. We've got a lot of catching up to do." Max said, and I smiled.
"I'd love that. Let me say goodbye to mum and Garrus first, though." I told him, before hugging mum again.
"You two better keep in contact with me, or you'll have a very angry Angie when you return. Also, come and visit whenever you're on the Citadel. Got it?" I asked.
"Got it." They both replied in unison.
"Good. Now go save those colonies. I'll miss you both." I told him, before I hugged Garrus then mum again. Max took my hand and we waved them off, before I turned back to him and kissed him again.
"Where to, then, Max?" I asked, and he grinned.
"I've got a few ideas..."