Chapter 10

May's P.O.V

As soon as he walked in the door I could tell who it was. Luke.

"Luke?" I questioned and he snapped his head in my direction.

Luke's P.O.V

I opened the door to my apartment as quietly as I could. Just as I was about to walk back to Mays room I heard a voice call my name.

"Luke?" she questioned and I snapped my head over to her.

I was surprised as to why she was awake at two in the morning. also I was hoping to have more time to think of how to explain all of this to her.

"What are you doing up?" I asked

"Looking for you." she explained walking over to me.

"Where were you?" she asked and I looked down, avoiding eye contact.

She made her way over to me.

"Luke?" She asked again and I finally gave in and looked at her.

She gasped slightly at the sight of my face. she slowly moved her hand up to the bruise under my eye and I winced slightly.

"Luke what happened? where were you?" she asked again.

"I went over to Kevin's." I told her and her face dropped.

"Luke why?" she asked

"Why? you don't know why?" I asked my voice raising slightly. "he fucking hurt you May, he abused you! did you really think I was just gonna let that go?" I yelled and she stepped back.

I realized that now was probably not the time to yell at her. She looked a little frighted, I would too if I were her.

"I'm sorry May, but I needed to do that." I told her moving a piece of hair out of her face.

"Come on" she said and pulled me over to a stool

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down.

She walked over to the cabinet where we keep the rags and grabbed one out. after running it under water she walked back to be.

"Your lip is bleeding" she told me as I pulled her to stand between my legs.

She slowly began to dab on my lip where it was bleeding. I winced slightly and she gave me an apologetic look.

I had my hands lightly on her hips as she cleaned my lip. I stared at her as she did so. I loved the way her eyes shined even in the dark lighting. my eyes moved lower in to her face looking at her bruised cheek.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked out if nowhere

"What?" she asked

"Your cheek." I whispered, my eyes never leaving the bruise.

"It's fine." she replied but I knew it was a lie.

I slowly let forward and left a gentle kiss to the area. Instead of pulling back all the way I moved so that our faces where where inches apart. I could feel her hot breath on my lips and we both slowly lent forward, our lips connecting.

I could tell she was trying to be carful not to hurt my lip anymore. We pulled away shortly after, before it could turn into anything more.

"We should go back to bed" she whispered and I nodded.

"Will you.. uh.. sleep with me?" she asked slightly embarrassed.

"Oh course." I told her with a smile.

We got back into her bed and just like before I wrapped my arms around her.

"Goodnight Luke." she whispered

"Goodnight May" I said and kissed her head.