Kim NAMJOON/RM (BTS)

Why y'all should stop sleeping on Kim Namjoon

1. He attended Global Cyber University and majored with honours in Broadcasting and Performing Art. He was among the top rankers in the national school exam and had a TOEIC score of over 900, which is commendable. He also has a very high IQ of 148.

2. He is one of the few idols who actually help in creating their own music.

Namjoon has over 90 songs credited to his name on the Korea Music Copyright Association, including all the 11 songs in Love Yourself: Tear.

3. He is one of the most skilled rappers in all industries, and is a part of the best rapline in kpop.

According to XXL, Namjoon's "one of the region’s most dexterous rappers, capable of switching flows effortlessly as he glides across an array of diverse instrumentals".

4. Speaking more on his songwriting abilities, Namjoon often raps about his own life struggles with depression and anxiety, and that's perfectly displayed in Reflection, when he sings:

"The world is just another name for despair, my height is just another diameter for the earth."

5. Kim Namjoon is BTS' leader and that takes a lot of responsibility. He's the one who has to step up when his friends are facing troubles and he's the voice of the group.

Being the only one who speaks English fluently, he's often left with the task of impressing the media.

6. That said, Namjoon feels pretty bad when he's the only one talking when they're in America. He says he should let the others talk, even though he's the spokesman, the only who can actually give the interview without translators.

He's carrying, he isn't in this for solo support.

7. And after saying that, is only natural that I speak about how much support he gives his members. Recently he hyped a lot Hoseok's first mixtape, even stating it was better than his own.

He also told BigHit there was no BTS without Jung Hoseok back in trainee days.

8. Proudly, Namjoon said in their PUMA Fansign that one of the best songs on their new album was written by a member of Vocal Line and now we know it's Magic Shop by Jungkook.

He's constantly hyping up his maknae's talents and telling him to produce more.

9. He always helps his members with responding questions and translating everything for them (even if it annoys him sometimes) so they can participate in every step they take.

He makes sure BTS is fine first and then he thinks about himself.

10. But even if he has demonstrated numerous times he's very intelligent and altruist, during Burn The Stage Namjoon wanted to remember himself he's not "that smart and not that selfless".

He likes to keep his feet in the ground and doesn't let fame take the best of him.

11. That is why he said as well he has been told by a lot of people in the kpop business that he has to keep the mystery and be above, but he doesn't want to do that. He wants people to connect with his music because it's honest. It's him and he isn't hiding his truth.

12. Namjoon has also shown support to the LGBT Community countless times, even before debut.

In a BTS concert, after someone threw a Pride Flag on the stage, he said "it's okay to be blue, purple, green, red" and we all know what that means.

13. He's aware many people don't find him physically appealing.

During his verse in Cypher 4, Namjoon sings "oh face not an idol; sorry, bae". And by that he means he doesn't give a shit if he's not pretty (even tho he is, y'all blind), he's not doing that for the looks.

14. Namjoon is in love with what he does.

He loves producing, writing, creating for us. The love for music leaves within him and he doesn't settle for doing what's going to sell only.

He puts everything into his music; the good, the bad and the ugly.

15. Most importantly, he feeds us constantly.

He's always making sure he's around to make his fans happy. If it's for a selca, a tracklist or a anedota, Namjoon always tries to keep us updated on his life.

16. Most ARMYs have listened to AGUST D and Hope World, but many slack on RM, and that's a shame.

Namjoon's first mixtape shows how talented and skilled he is, and how good he can diss the people who thought they could beat him down.

Give it a try.

17. Namjoon always makes sure to participate in the creative process of BTS' music, and by that I don't mean only production and lyrics; we've talked about that.

He's the one who read the book Damien and created the concept of Boy Meets Evil in their WINGS era.

18. He's always saying things that inspire people. He has a very incredible way with words even outside of songwriting.

Here's one of those inspiring Namjoon quotes:

“Happiness is not something that you have to achieve. You can still be happy during the process of achieving something. Something can be beautiful even though there’s something terrible.”

19. A whole different thread could be made about how much Namjoon cares about BTS members, so for now I'll just leave this:

"Everyone says i’m lucky, and I really am lucky; that I met these six people. They believe in me, that I'm their leader..."

20. Namjoon has many more qualities and talents, but I'll leave at that for now.

I'm just tired of people mistreating him because he's "not good looking enough". Well, fuck you. Even if you’re blind and cant see he's gorgeous, that's not an excuse.

Namjoon deserves more from you.

cr. @raplinelover

**************
😍💕
(^o^)^_^
Namjoon Ko<3😍