Chapter 3: Claire

I woke up to a strange sound I didn't recognize right away. I looked around the room seeing what was playing circus music. I ran to the source as fast as I could, being so tired. That's when I saw the source of the sound. It was MY PHONE! Of course! I changed my ringtone last night before I went to bed and I must've forgotten already. But seriously, who would be calling me at 3:00 in the morning?

Why my parents wouldn't get caller ID for me I don't know. Maybe it was too much money to spend on something like that for me, since I'm only 14. I got a new phone a few months ago and I'm already bored with it. Maybe I'll get a new one soon.

"Hello?" Maybe it was dumb to answer this, but I'll find out.

"Hi I have emergency news and I'm worried about it." Hannah's voice, of course.

"At three in the morning you have to call me? But it's ok." A whisper voice was the only tone I could use to keep out of trouble. My parents took my phone at night time and hid it in their dresser drawer, bottom left. I saw them do it once and now I can just take it when they don't know. They told me that it could affect my sleep patterns or keep me up too late but if it's my friends, I'll risk getting caught.

"I'm sorry, but I'm really worried about Mel. She hasn't called me at all since she left the airport. Has she called you at all? Don't you miss her?" She seemed to be talking a little bit faster than normal.

"I miss her, and she hasn't called me back either, and I don't want our friendship to fade like this." My whisper voice wasn't so quiet anymore.

"I just wish there was something we could do about it." Hannah was sobbing so loud I could hear it clearly through the phone.

I'm not the best at calming people when they're sad or freaked out but I had to try, for Hannah. "It'll turn out okay in the end, we all can live happily ever after with our best friends by our sides. I really should be going back to bed now, but I promise I'll talk to you later."

"Thanks Claire! I knew you could help, even if it's 3:10 in the morning! Bye!" Hannah was really sweet and had a lot of strengths, but we have a lot I'm common.

It's like Hannah and I were supposed to meet and become best friends. I've never had a best friend this close and we will stay like this. Forever.